Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > INTL: A true American success story > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 2106 | Total Posts: 29 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Kitabatake
Fishing with Firecrackers

2efficient4spacebar

Ballkicks: (+450 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
(Originally posted on: 10-19-05 11:00:57 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

If you've noticed, there are quite a few very red faces on this board these days. So many that it almost seems like that's all there are! (Perhaps it's their posting habits that helped them gain this position in the first place, along with content).

Anyway, INTL seems to be a place that believes in the American tradition of hanging around somewhere long enough that you get more notoriety than all of the new people and you become cooler and more accepted than them. See: Jews, Italians, and any immigrant class ever.

Now, look at me. I never do a god damn thing, but I'm still a moderator! Even after my previous forum was destroyed for lack of activity... Imagine sitting in the lobby of a doctor's office for such a long time that they eventually put you on the payroll. Then imagine that the doctor tears down his building, so you sit in the next one and the same process repeats itself. That's a lot like what my job here is. I'm not complaining at all. In fact, I relish and admonish this system. It gives me hope that perhaps my every day life could be like this one. A life full of "who-you-knows" and coincidence!

I'm pumped! coal

(Er.. You can use this thread to talk about how your acquaintance with certain folks has landed you high-paying jobs, or just how being a regular here got you a green name).
You think I like you.
But I don't like you.
I hate your guts, I hate your guts.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 1 of 29 (Originally posted on: 10-19-05 11:58:23 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Being a regular here brings me a myriad of thoughts and sometimes ideas, too!

(But no green name.)
I am a leaf on the wind, watch m-...
- Hoban Washburne
Pilot, Serenity
Amiodarone
INTL Premium Member

pronounces name 'ileu'

Ballkicks: (+126 / -46)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 2 of 29 (Originally posted on: 10-20-05 12:41:20 AM)

Being a regular and background fourmer brings me pain and misery, but only in the best of ways. INTL needs to become a political party.
Acheron
INTL Premium Member
If I die in Raleigh, at least I will die free.

is this guy acheron???????? hahaha acheron you big fag

Ballkicks: (+224 / -116)
Reg. Date: Mar 2004
Reply 3 of 29 (Originally posted on: 10-20-05 12:51:04 AM)

We couldn't be a viable party. We don't agree on anything, we bicker uselessly, and there's no way any of us would unite for any purpose.

If it works for the democrats...  
... so bleibt es immer ein Skandal der Philosophie und allgemeinen Menschenvernunft, das Dasein außer uns bloß auf Glauben annehmen zu müssen und, wenn es jemandem einfällt es zu bezweifeln, ihm keinen genugthuenden Beweis entgegenstellen zu können.

Kant
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 4 of 29 (Originally posted on: 10-20-05 12:52:46 AM)

Quoted from Acheron:
We couldn't be a viable party. We don't agree on anything, we bicker uselessly, and there's no way any of us would unite for any purpose.

If it works for the democrats...  

We seem to get along pretty well, all your hippie politics aside.
I am a leaf on the wind, watch m-...
- Hoban Washburne
Pilot, Serenity
Acheron
INTL Premium Member
If I die in Raleigh, at least I will die free.

is this guy acheron???????? hahaha acheron you big fag

Ballkicks: (+224 / -116)
Reg. Date: Mar 2004
Reply 5 of 29 (Originally posted on: 10-20-05 12:58:04 AM)

You're just such a loveable fascist, Chimp.
... so bleibt es immer ein Skandal der Philosophie und allgemeinen Menschenvernunft, das Dasein außer uns bloß auf Glauben annehmen zu müssen und, wenn es jemandem einfällt es zu bezweifeln, ihm keinen genugthuenden Beweis entgegenstellen zu können.

Kant
jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 6 of 29 (Originally posted on: 10-20-05 12:58:21 AM)

Being on both sides of the situation, I'll say that I don't miss the responsibility of moderation. I have enough to do without having to wipe noses on the internet too.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 7 of 29 (Originally posted on: 10-20-05 01:58:57 AM)

One time I got a job because I knew someone, but it wasn't high paying.
Ma-Newer
League of Super Sluts

It all became very clear to me sitting out there today that every decision I’ve ever made in my entire life has been wrong.

Ballkicks: (+1024 / -49)
Reg. Date: Sep 2003
Reply 8 of 29 (Originally posted on: 10-20-05 04:22:00 AM)

I am a moderator of RS. It's like being the queen of England in that its a very prestigious position but unfortunately I don't have the power to ban people I dislike.
Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

peach
I get enamoured

Just call me "Mom"

Ballkicks: (+735 / -175)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 9 of 29 (Originally posted on: 10-20-05 04:22:50 AM)

Well I make sure to tell all my rl friends that I'm a moderator on a forum and the internet prestige and all that. It's quite important, you know.
Ma-Newer
League of Super Sluts

It all became very clear to me sitting out there today that every decision I’ve ever made in my entire life has been wrong.

Ballkicks: (+1024 / -49)
Reg. Date: Sep 2003
Reply 10 of 29 (Originally posted on: 10-20-05 04:25:26 AM)

Speaking of importance, I am also a moderator of the Gallery. I get all the chicks. They find power sexy.
Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 11 of 29 (Originally posted on: 10-20-05 04:29:55 AM)

I tell everyone that I'm a run an Internet message board and they all think I'm cool and want to be my friend, because if they get on my bad side, I ban them from my message board, even before they ever get an account.
mmac
INTL Premium Member
it's INTL, not the fucking UN - Amphy

3ms will rise again

Ballkicks: (+254 / -35)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 12 of 29 (Originally posted on: 10-20-05 04:39:56 AM)

During my weekly call home, I told my mom that they made me a moderator on the forum I post at.

"Hey mom, they made me a moderator on the forum I post at a lot."

"where is this?"

"at the forum I told you my friend runs"

"isn't he in Iraq though"

"yeah"

"I thought you said you weren't going to Iraq"

"I'm not mom"

"don't you lie to me, last time you went to Iraq you didn't tell me about it until you were there for three months"

"no mom, it's on the internet"

<pause>

"that's good, right?"

"yeah mom, thanks for the congratulations"

As you can tell my family was very proud, and that's enough for me.
This signature is only a temporary replacement for something that is actually funny.
STFU, biatch
not bobby

YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUCKING!

Ballkicks: (+460 / -108)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 13 of 29 (Originally posted on: 10-20-05 04:40:55 AM)

i'm retardation station moderator jack bauer...and today is the longest day of my life.... :wtc:

zippo-chan is my new samurai apprentice......if anyone objects, speak now and forever rest in peace
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 14 of 29 (Originally posted on: 10-20-05 08:47:13 AM)

I wish I had something to do other then post on the intarnets. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
"I can't carry a pen...I'm afraid it will puncture my scrotum"
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Ballkicks: (+781 / -120)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 15 of 29 (Originally posted on: 10-20-05 08:49:28 AM)

Quoted from mmac:
During my weekly call home, I told my mom that they made me a moderator on the forum I post at.
*cute conversation*

Cute!

Jeff doesn't like me, so I'll never rule anything on this forum. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

I don't recall anything that I've ever gained that wasn't on merit mm i wanna suck ur cock lol
http://forums.interestingnonetheless.net/display.php?tid=4368

Doesn't the manatee kind of look like a guest on the Ricki Lake show? "Uh, Ricki, I'm here because I'm endangered." Then one of those mean people in the audience would offer up the advice, "Yeah, I want to say something to the sea pig!" "That's sea cow." "Whatever. Sea pig, you gotta get yourself an education and a job!" "Uh, I live in the ocean." "It just so happens you live in the ocean 'cuz you ain't got no job!" "I don't know what you're -" "You gotta get in Weight Watchers, some kinda program!" "I have a layer of blubber to keep my body warm in the water..." "Whatever, talk to the hand." "I dont have a hand!"
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 16 of 29 (Originally posted on: 10-20-05 08:52:18 AM)

Amelia threatened to ban me once. It was funny.
My parents are proud that I have "friends" on the internet because I'm antisocial.
<Amphy> MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
<Zippo279> MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
<HPenguin> MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reply 17 of 29 (Originally posted on: 10-20-05 09:39:40 AM)

Im not an American, so I cannot share in the success story. I guess you could say I am an illegal alien in this great land, always making sure I do not get deported.
www.thepartylive.com
Tazzo
teh TEH evar EVAR funnay FUNNAY :rolleyes:

When a couple of kids who were up to good started making trouble in my neighborhood

Ballkicks: (+668 / -110)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 18 of 29 (Originally posted on: 10-20-05 10:51:23 AM)

Quoted from mmac:

lol @ duck hunt
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Ballkicks: (+781 / -120)
Reply 19 of 29 (Originally posted on: 10-20-05 11:39:58 AM)

Quoted from Ampitheatre:
Amelia threatened to ban me once. It was funny.

Amelia also threatened to permaban both of us. It was traumatizing. lol @ duck hunt And that's how you became a walking Grecian building type, too.
http://forums.interestingnonetheless.net/display.php?tid=4368

Doesn't the manatee kind of look like a guest on the Ricki Lake show? "Uh, Ricki, I'm here because I'm endangered." Then one of those mean people in the audience would offer up the advice, "Yeah, I want to say something to the sea pig!" "That's sea cow." "Whatever. Sea pig, you gotta get yourself an education and a job!" "Uh, I live in the ocean." "It just so happens you live in the ocean 'cuz you ain't got no job!" "I don't know what you're -" "You gotta get in Weight Watchers, some kinda program!" "I have a layer of blubber to keep my body warm in the water..." "Whatever, talk to the hand." "I dont have a hand!"
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 20 of 29 (Originally posted on: 10-20-05 12:11:13 PM)

I was an administrator on INTL once.

Yeah, so there!

Oh and I moderate some other boards and stuff kekeke kekeke u give soj??? and once I got a job because the store manager was my friend's dad and I bugged him about it until he hired me. coal
Bebop

cups are only really useful for people drinking

Ballkicks: (+219 / -19)
Reg. Date: Oct 2003
Reply 21 of 29 (Originally posted on: 10-20-05 12:36:20 PM)

Quoted from mmac:

"don't you lie to me, last time you went to Iraq you didn't tell me about it until you were there for three months"
So how did that eventually come up?

Peach made me a moderator of ToS for 2/3 days once.
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reply 22 of 29 (Originally posted on: 10-20-05 12:40:06 PM)

The moderator and admin jobs obviously aren't filled based ONLY on how long you've been here and how well known you are.

Just look at me.
DRAHNIER
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Ballkicks: (+899 / -313)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 23 of 29 (Originally posted on: 10-20-05 12:43:27 PM)

And me!

Take your corporate-plutocratic Panopticon wet dream and shove it.
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reply 24 of 29 (Originally posted on: 10-20-05 02:54:23 PM)

I don't think drah's comment really applies to you Snowy. You haven't really been here that long.

Also, I would never tell my mom that I am a moderator at this place or even that I forum here. She'd probably disown me.
L'enfer, c'est les autres.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 2106 | Total Posts: 29 ]