Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Pretension Palace: i don't like that band because you've heard of them > The New Family Guy > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: Amphytrite
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 5294 | Total Posts: 45 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 04-23-05 10:28:42 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

This morning I had the privelage of watching the first episode of the fourth season of Family Guy. Has anyone else seen it? What did you think of it?

Just a few thoughts (omgspoilers)

The part at the beginning where he names off all the cancelled shows and then says how if they fail Family might come back made me laugh like an obnoxious schoolgirl.

In the commentary in the DVDs, Seth McFarlane mentioned how they were changing Stewey from being a homicidal maniac to being gay. This really came out in this episode.

The whole thing will Mel Gibson, although funny, was too reminiscent of South Park.

The trees going past the car before they crash look like a new animation style.
* FlamingArrow sets mode: +v Jew
* FlamingArrow sets mode: +o Jew
<FlamingArrow> AHHHH ZIONIST TAKEOVER
*** FlamingArrow has left #INTL
Lucifer Beowulf Helidon
The Reel RS Krew
MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT IS LUCIFER@ROKBOM.COM

LBH was here... All thats left are the shattered remains of a broken man.

Ballkicks: (+457 / -89)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 1 of 45 (Originally posted on: 04-24-05 12:08:28 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

It seemed like they were trying too hard to be wacky and random. Overall, it was pretty funny, but not really up to the standard of the earlier seasons and certainly not what I would expect from a series return.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 2 of 45 (Originally posted on: 04-24-05 03:57:50 AM)

I liked Stewie better before. It's certainly a new animation style, but it's just not as funny as the older ones. Of course, McFarlane could just be getting his sleeves rolled up before the really funny stuff happens. We'll see.
I got hit in the nuts by one girl and before the pain kicked in I yelled, "Abortion!" and hit her in the stomach.
Angus

D'oh!

Ballkicks: (+621 / -84)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 3 of 45 (Originally posted on: 04-24-05 02:25:48 PM)

Stewie's character change sounds like it might almost ruin one of the best elements of the show. I honestly don't know why anyone would make that decision, but then again, I haven't seen the show yet this season.
Widukind
MARCHINTOCH SI 4 DA FAGZZZZ

M/F? No one knows

Ballkicks: (+126 / -166)
Reg. Date: May 2003
Reply 4 of 45 (Originally posted on: 04-24-05 07:56:14 PM)

He gon get it!

Seriously, this is a really good, I advise everyone to ...acquire... it.
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Ballkicks: (+1431 / -135)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 5 of 45 (Originally posted on: 04-25-05 11:50:41 AM)

It was typical Family Guy, which was hilarious when I was 16, but not so great now. Still I wouldn't say it's lost any of it's original charm.
bradism.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Reply 6 of 45 (Originally posted on: 04-25-05 12:35:34 PM)

Quoted from Angus:
Stewie's character change sounds like it might almost ruin one of the best elements of the show. I honestly don't know why anyone would make that decision, but then again, I haven't seen the show yet this season.

He's been off before, hopefully McFarlane will see the error in his ways and fix it.

Edit: Teaser:
http://uploaded.interestingnonetheless.net/the_red_chimp/fghead.gif
I got hit in the nuts by one girl and before the pain kicked in I yelled, "Abortion!" and hit her in the stomach.
This reply was last edited on 04-30-05 08:27:49 PM by C.
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 7 of 45 (Originally posted on: 04-25-05 03:12:41 PM)

The DVDs have left me almost sick of this show...however in a couple weeks I will end up watching it like everyone else.
"There are only two things that I believe to be infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not so sure about the universe."
- Albert Einstein
KrazeeEyesKilla
INTL Red Army

Likes dumb bands enough to be offended when someone insults said bands.

Ballkicks: (+42 / -20)
Reg. Date: Nov 2004
Reply 8 of 45 (Originally posted on: 04-28-05 05:14:15 PM)

I believe that the implication always was that Stewie was gay, it was just sort of a subtext. The way I saw it, Stewie had a sort of abnormally formed Oedipus complex (i.e. wanting to kill his mother rather than his father), which, according to Freud, would be responsible for homosexuality.
"If I drink myself to death at least I'll know I had a good time."
Wanderlust
Background Forummers

"lad's new rut"

Ballkicks: (+116 / -37)
Reg. Date: Feb 2003
Reply 9 of 45 (Originally posted on: 04-29-05 06:18:36 AM)

That file is huge chimp, could you please link it?

I didn't think of it as a Freudian thing, I figured that if there was any reasoning behind it he's trying to kill his mother to cover up for his homosexuality. Or maybe he's just a gay psychopath.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reply 10 of 45 (Originally posted on: 04-29-05 06:26:01 AM)

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that he has tea parties with bears, wears his mothers makeup, and enjoys musicals.
If I can bludgeon a hooker to death and burry her in the desert, I sure as shit can punch a little girl and steal her shoes.
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 11 of 45 (Originally posted on: 04-29-05 12:21:42 PM)

Stewie's homosexuality wasn't brought out a huge amount in the new episode (which is typical Family Guy humour - best part:  G.I. JOE parody ), because they did the exact same character thing with Brian in the episode.

He still has his homicidal tendencies, but I'd agree with Angus in that if they overdo the homosexuality, that it would ruin one of the best elements of the show.

Great return episode for the most part. Not the best, but definitely not the worst.
"I went in the Haunted House, and around the corner, Frankenstein was patiently waiting for me."
Theatre on the Edge
My Musical Compositions
PopRocks

I can buck my hips and suck neck while pinned under 250 lbs of man; I had him do me doggy style so we could both watch "When Harry Met Sally"

Ballkicks: (+233 / -15)
Reg. Date: Feb 2003
Reply 12 of 45 (Originally posted on: 04-30-05 05:01:14 AM)

I thought it was funny. Hell, it's nice to see any family guy I haven't seen 12 times already. The random jokes are the best part of the show!
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Reply 13 of 45 (Originally posted on: 04-30-05 08:28:34 PM)

Quoted from Wanderlust:
That file is huge chimp, could you please link it?

Thinking with my bandwidth omg yah rite fag lol

Sorry.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 14 of 45 (Originally posted on: 05-01-05 05:13:57 PM)

Comes on in 2 and a half hours hooray! I'll watch the entire animation block tonight and wait till tomorrow for deadwood since I'll be too tired for the encore at midnight.
If I can bludgeon a hooker to death and burry her in the desert, I sure as shit can punch a little girl and steal her shoes.
digit
INTL Premium Member
brown shoes don't make it

Sharkbite

Ballkicks: (+49 / -12)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 15 of 45 (Originally posted on: 05-01-05 08:14:58 PM)

Yeah... I definetely don't think stewie's homosexuality was exactly a new thing. I think it was just a little more emphasized this time.

I liked it. as my friend put it "... an average episode of family guy. good but not one of my absolute favorites."

ps I really don't dig american dad.
"All I wanted was a second honeymoon, and now the floor is made of lava."
greenidentity
Disco naps and liquorice Snaps.

It is time for some fine fine wine.....or box wine it's all good man

Ballkicks: (+603 / -81)
Reply 16 of 45 (Originally posted on: 05-01-05 11:38:53 PM)

I watched Family Guy for the very first time tonight. I laughed throughout, it was hilarious. I'm contemplating buying a season or two on DVD. Any suggestions?
If a hen and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half how long will it take a monkey with a wooden leg to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?

"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college."
Kukuruznik

Ballkicks: (+8 / -5)
Reg. Date: Apr 2005
Reply 17 of 45 (Originally posted on: 05-02-05 08:35:52 AM)

I thought it was pretty funny, I also thought that Lois's character seemed a little different. Can't quite place it, maybe she's more aggressive. I loved the whole  Jughead comic book thing. 
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 18 of 45 (Originally posted on: 05-02-05 11:24:19 AM)

I saw it last night, and it was good, but not quite up to its old level just yet.

"You can't eat all those hamburgers!"
"There are only two things that I believe to be infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not so sure about the universe."
- Albert Einstein
IB
Stays True to His Name

I should die

Ballkicks: (+171 / -76)
Reply 19 of 45 (Originally posted on: 05-02-05 01:25:57 PM)

the opening scene made it worth it. canceled fox show nostalgia i'm a serial-killer :)

i thought it was great. american dad, however, is the simpsons with an edgier story -- it'd be better if family guy was an hour long.
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 20 of 45 (Originally posted on: 05-02-05 04:14:40 PM)

Or if they switched the schedule so that American Dad would fare better without a hilarious Family Guy lead-in.

Overall, I thought it was a great episode. Some of the current event jokes felt a bit stale because I'm sure that this episode was made months ago, but they worked and were hilarious.

I did find Lois to be a bit different. As far as I remember, Lois never had a problem being sexually attracted to Peter  so it felt weird that in this episode she was fantasizing about other men in bed. That's more of a Peter thing to do.  But she fell back into classic Lois during the  mall chase when she was allowing Peter to wreak havoc in his characteristically destructive way . Also, it seemed like her voice was a bit higher -- maybe Alex Bornstein is a bit rusty from the hiatus.

As for Stewie's sexuality, I never really thought of him having one before. Playing up the Stewie-Brian relationship is something that Family Guy has done in the past so it didn't feel out of place in this episode. Maybe the little effeminate quips were a little more prominent, but it wasn't out of the ordinary. Plus, the homocidal tendencies were still there - remember the  "Die Lois" needlework? 

One last thing --  the Gepetto gag made me feel dirty in the most pleasant way .
God of Rock, thank you for this chance to kick ass. We are your humble servants. Please give us the power to blow people's minds with our high voltage rock. In your name we pray, Amen.
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reply 21 of 45 (Originally posted on: 05-02-05 04:48:39 PM)

Quoted from digit:
ps I really don't dig american dad.

I couldn't finish watching the episode that was on last night. The characters had weak humour at best. I thought this show was crap and left it twenty minutes in, hoping it would redeem itself.
"I went in the Haunted House, and around the corner, Frankenstein was patiently waiting for me."
Theatre on the Edge
My Musical Compositions
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 22 of 45 (Originally posted on: 05-02-05 11:02:58 PM)

American Dad was actually pretty good...just kind of pales in comparison to Family guy. I really don't care about that though because I thought Family Guy was hilarious and I'm happy it's back on. Stewies homosexuality was nothing on this episode that it hasn't been before, it has not been emphasised anymore than it already was. I'm not understanding really, the harsh criticism going on here, because I don't feel as if anything has changed.

I liked the simpsons episodes too.

Zippo: The reason for all this stewie is gay talk is because on a feature on the DVD Mcfarlane tells us he intended on revealing Stewie's homosexuality. It seems like you didn't know that, sorry if you did. But a lot of us are hoping he doesn't go along with it. I still want him to act a bit gay because it's funny, but there's no need to flat out say it. Also I didn't notice anything different about Lois I think it's just you.
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 23 of 45 (Originally posted on: 05-03-05 10:01:12 AM)

I've never seen the commentary, but from Ztolk's post, it seemed like there was going to be a noticeable change in Stewie's character aside from an official declaration of his homosexuality. I was just stating that I observed otherwise in this new episode, but thanks for the clarification.
God of Rock, thank you for this chance to kick ass. We are your humble servants. Please give us the power to blow people's minds with our high voltage rock. In your name we pray, Amen.
KrazeeEyesKilla
INTL Red Army

Likes dumb bands enough to be offended when someone insults said bands.

Ballkicks: (+42 / -20)
Reg. Date: Nov 2004
Reply 24 of 45 (Originally posted on: 05-07-05 04:48:15 PM)

The one thing about American Dad is that the kids are much stronger characters than those in Family Guy.
"If I drink myself to death at least I'll know I had a good time."
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 5294 | Total Posts: 45 ]