Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Video Gaming MegaFAIL lmao > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 ] [ Thread Views: 27659 | Total Posts: 460 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 450 of 460 (Originally posted on: 01-04-18 04:01:49 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Yeah, Oxenfree's replay value doesn't compare to an RTS or RPG or open world game, but for an adventure game it's pretty solid. You get tons of new dialogue choices in your second run, as well as new insights into the story.

Now I'm also playing Divinity: Original Sin 2 and man, it's quite complex and hard to get into, even though I'm liking it so far.
Zippo: oh man you are a genius
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1262 / -281)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 451 of 460 (Originally posted on: 01-31-19 06:28:13 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I pirated Madden 19 and I gotta say, the franchise mode is pretty fun. I didn't really know what I was doing at first and took the Browns to the Superbowl back-to-back (lost to the Packers, then the Giants). Then I was simming the preseason the following year, unthinking, and the AI put my Star FB on my practice squad whereupon he was promptly signed by the Steelers. So I ragequit that game and started over as the Bills, which is a bit more of a challenge in 2018/2019.

If you like team management/simulation games I highly recommend this. Playing as team owner is fun because you can control every single aspect from the game itself to the concession stand prices.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 452 of 460 (Originally posted on: 03-01-19 02:37:40 PM)

I'm playing Armello, which is a fun little computer board game. It's quite fast-paced and looks adorable.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 453 of 460 (Originally posted on: 03-06-19 02:46:46 PM)

I downloaded Civ 6 after watching so many streams, and it's actually a lot of fun. I was down on it when I first heard about all the changes they made, but I've found that it's made the game more like old civ again. The tech tree is better but still has some typical eurocentric Civ idiosyncrasies (horseback riding is necessary to progress anywhere militarily).

The loyalty mechanic is great, and reminds me of all the fun I had in Civ3 overthrowing neighboring cities with just culture. They've really upped the amount of natural wonders too, which makes exploration even more rewarding. They still go all out on the 3D leader models, which is a shame because it probably takes a lot of time and money and some of them don't even end up looking very good. Poundmaker looks like a Chuck-E-Cheese automaton, for example.

All in all it's definitely worth it I think, and I'll be picking up the complete edition whenever it's affordable.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 454 of 460 (Originally posted on: 03-15-19 02:22:05 PM)

So Dawn of Man just came out and I saw some streams and had to check it out. I've been feeling the citybuilder itch for awhile and the idea of a paleolithic-iron age citybuilder sounded fun.

It's by the same devs that made Planetbase, but I never played that. The gist of the game is you start with a small group of ancient Humans and progress from the Paleolithic to the Iron Age. You start out in skin tents and slowly (emphasis on slowly) progress up the tech tree. Wooden spears, then bone, then flint, etc etc. You have to hunt, fish, gather, watch out for cave lions, everything you'd expect in running a neolithic settlement.

The environments are fairly detailed, with a large variety of animals to hunt (or tame). The animals behave believably and run when you attack them, so it's better to look for sick animals (they have a special icon). There are also animals that'll fight back like aurochs, bison, and of course predators. Don't have to chase them, but then you risk hunters getting killed.

My only gripe so far is the way the tech tree works. You only get tech points by doing things in a milestone way. Kill 10 boars, get a point. Build 5 skin dryers, get a point. Get your settlement to 10 people, get a point. Et cetera. I put maybe 4 to 5 hours in last night and still haven't gotten to thatched huts. I can make bread now, though! While not completely untenable, you'll find yourself going "I guess I'll just build another tanner so I can get a point" even if you don't need another tanner.

All in all still a very satisfying game for anyone who loves the city-builder gameplay with a dash of survival/colony builder. Also only 25 bucks so hey. Here's hoping they release expansions to the game so you can go further/build more.
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 455 of 460 (Originally posted on: 03-19-19 06:55:27 AM)

I haven't been a hardcore gamer in an extremely long time. Because I know I can get sucked into a game completely, I tend to stick to games that I can play in 30 minute bursts and feel satisfied. At the moment that just means playing Overwatch. There aren't a lot of PC games that I am wildly interested in at the moment to be completely honest. I miss the days of isometric dungeons and dragons based RPGs. Yes, I played Pillars of Eternity. Yes, I loved it.
Buy me a drink. Buy me a drink. I'm better than you are but not as good as I think.
INTL Janitorial Services
Administrator

honestly i probably have Crohn's disease and should see a doctor

Ballkicks: (+357 / -79)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 456 of 460 (Originally posted on: 03-19-19 11:22:47 AM)

Quoted from Nickolati:
I tend to stick to games that I can play in 30 minute bursts and feel satisfied. At the moment that just means playing Overwatch.
I gave up on Overwatch after it became a toxic pile of unbalanced garbage sometime in July 2018. Is it better now?
"you could be eviscerated by a backwoods texan hillbilly and STILL have the energy to get pissed off that the guy's desktop was covered in icons" lol
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 457 of 460 (Originally posted on: 03-19-19 01:23:00 PM)

Hi Nickolati, long time no see.

I tried Overwatch a couple of times when they had a free weekend deal but I couldn't get into it. I think it's because it's too competitive for my tastes, or maybe too fast-paced, I dunno.

Now I'm playing The Council, which is pretty interesting but like constantly at risk of losing the plot entirely, which is a big issue for a narrative adventure game.

Also Armello multiplayer is awesome.
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

i'm nick and i'm too stupid to read so i make unnecessary posts

Ballkicks: (+568 / -32)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 458 of 460 (Originally posted on: 03-19-19 02:12:30 PM)

I play FTL a lot. I dunno its kind of fun
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 459 of 460 (Originally posted on: 03-21-19 07:04:07 AM)

Quoted from INTL Janitorial Services:
Quoted from Nickolati:
I tend to stick to games that I can play in 30 minute bursts and feel satisfied. At the moment that just means playing Overwatch.
I gave up on Overwatch after it became a toxic pile of unbalanced garbage sometime in July 2018. Is it better now?

I have fun with it. I am not sure if "unbalanced pile of garbage" is completely fair, but rising through the competitive ranks as a solo player is basically impossible. Overwatch is more like football than Unreal Tournament. You have to operate as a team to win. Because most PUGs are not going to have teamwork at the forefront of their strategy it can turn into a shit show pretty fast.
Buy me a drink. Buy me a drink. I'm better than you are but not as good as I think.
This reply was last edited on 03-21-19 07:15:01 AM by Nickolati.
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

i'm nick and i'm too stupid to read so i make unnecessary posts

Ballkicks: (+568 / -32)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 460 of 460 (Originally posted on: 03-21-19 03:35:19 PM)

Stardew Valley was released on Android a couple of weeks ago. I haven't bought it yet but I really like Stardew Valley and am considering it
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 27659 | Total Posts: 460 ]