Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Eraserhead > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D
Page: [ 1 ] [ Thread Views: 156 | Total Posts: 4 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

(Originally posted on: 07-12-15 05:07:42 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Just watched it...felt like a bad acid trip with the industrial background sound, the deformed baby, and the dancing-woman with rock cheeks.

Upon reflection, this movie is clearly an awful, almost Kafka-esque depiction of human reproduction as a freakshow for the wicked and damned. There wasn't a scene in it that isn't either unnerving or grotesque. I think the most irritating scene is as when he first arrives at his fiance's parent's house and you hear an awful sucking sound...which turns out to be a dog nursing puppies. The duality of something so primordial and sacred be turned into something wretched and disgusting is fascinating.

Discuss how much you love this movie or recommend me more movies which are similar to it.
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire

User was banned for this post.
Run Silent Run Drapes
Administrator
Eiffle Towers: 6969

someone bitter is after my ass

Ballkicks: (+561 / -30)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 1 of 4 (Originally posted on: 07-12-15 09:53:51 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Watch twin peaks
Dio

rebel rebel

Ballkicks: (+105 / -50)
Reg. Date: Aug 2006
Reply 2 of 4 (Originally posted on: 07-14-15 07:02:40 AM)

You like unnerving or grotesque? Idk if twin peaks is really that way.

These movies clench the stomach in ways similar to Eraserhead. Check out 'The Baby of Macon,' 'House of Sand and Fog,' 'Funny Games,' 'Caligula,' or 'Serbian Film.'

The first is a morality play based in the middle ages. The second a just fucking sad tale that is too real and too shitty. The third is home invasion like fuck and probably one of my favourite films of all times. The fourth about the crazed emperor and funded by Hustler (what Caligula does at weddings! Ho-hum!). The last is supposedly an imitation of modern Serbian snuff films and slightly like 'Salo.'

I'd give you more of a description but my word should be good enough for you to see them.

If you are interested in Lynch, I have found Blue Velvet and Wild at Heart to be top notch.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+914 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 3 of 4 (Originally posted on: 07-14-15 06:18:30 PM)

Eraserhead is fantastic. I definitely second the Twin Peaks recommendation. Not like Eraserhead, granted, but it's one of David Lynch's finest works.

Blue Velvet is also similar in the sense of trying to expose suburban decay and hypocrisy.

I can alao vouch for everything else recommended in this thread so far, and humbly offer the following:

Brand Upon The Brain
Come And See
Videodrome
Crash (the Cronenberg one, not the Academy Award-winning piece of shit)
Irreversible
just_dandy
INTL Premium Member
Unapologetic apostate approaching her apotheosis, how apropos

Ballkicks: (+129 / -4)
Reg. Date: Jun 2006
Reply 4 of 4 (Originally posted on: 07-15-15 05:42:58 PM)

So another movie that isn't quite like Eraserhead, but might sort of scratch that same itch is actually a documentary: Running Stumbled.

Here's a trailer:

Koalas have sharp claws but they are weak. They all small and fat and they be climing trees. I hope a storm just come while theyjust chilling up in the tree thinking they is hard and they're will all just fall off. They just break they neck and shit. When they fall they claws are going to fall off and they going to be crying like some little bitches.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 156 | Total Posts: 4 ]