Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Serious Discussions: Too serious to have a double entendre in the title > Moderator Position Open > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 9761 | Total Posts: 50 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+914 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
(Originally posted on: 09-23-03 04:00:14 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Well, as most of know, due to the whole HGvINTL thing, INTL had relinquished all moderators that also work for HG from their moderator positions, as such, Sunshine is no longer a moderator. However, due to the fact that the entire thing was a misunderstanding, we extended an open invitation for all HG moderators to have their jobs back. Well, Sunshine decided that she didn't feel as though she had the time to moderator Serious Discussions any longer.

Due to this, we will be hiring a new Serious Discussions moderator. So if you're interested in becoming the next SD moderator, this is your opportunity to become it. In order to be elligible for this position, you must be an active member at INTL and be able to dedicate a decent amount of time to moderating this forum at least once a day. If you cannot come here consistently at least once a day (of course I understand if you miss a day or two) to read all new posts to ensure that the integrity and content of this forum stays somewhat non-retarded and non-idiotic, you will be relieved. You will be required to be decisive when it comes to flaming, trolling, spamming, and off-topic posts. If you're the type of person that is going to read a post that is obviously spam and just let it slide, you are not the type of person we need.

This is one of the strictest forums here at INTL, which is what keeps the topics created here on-topic and worth reading. As such, you will need a hardlined policy and stick to your word when it comes to policy that you implement (you will be able to add to, but not take away from the TOS).

So yeah, if, after reading that, you're still interested in being a moderator of this forum, go ahead and post here. After a while, the administrators will decide who's to become the new moderator. And hell, if they don't work out, we'll be back to square one, so this may or may not be your only chance to become a mod.

Also, if you're currently a moderator at INTL and are interested in being a moderator of SD, you're more than welcome to apply, but as long as you're mod of SD, you won't be mod of the current forum that you moderate.

edit: gramer
"Hey, at least I run sites. You don't."
-Angel Zen
This reply was last edited on 09-23-03 06:11:23 AM by Air Bud.
Scruffy - The Janitor
Alcoholics Anonymous
While anarchy can often turn a humdrum weekend into something unforgettable, eventually the mob must be kept from stealing the conch and killing Piggy.

Pimpin is just a haircut and a shave away!

Ballkicks: (+650 / -57)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 1 of 50 (Originally posted on: 09-23-03 05:09:21 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I'd be interested in the job. I'm perfectly willing to be an asshole when it comes to dumbass posts. Do you want us to post some sort of outline about how we'd deal with issues or will this be more of a *raises hand* affair?
The true meaning of Alvistime is drinkin'. Drinkin' and revenge. Now drink with me deeply of the burbon scotch and rye until such time as we are fighting drunk. Then we shall find and beat the asses of the non-believers.

Why can't we not be sober? Just want to start this over. Why can't we drink forever? I just want to start this over.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Reply 2 of 50 (Originally posted on: 09-23-03 06:08:57 AM)

Quoted from Arnok:
I'd be interested in the job. I'm perfectly willing to be an asshole when it comes to dumbass posts. Do you want us to post some sort of outline about how we'd deal with issues or will this be more of a *raises hand* affair?
Nah. I'm not going to run things like HG and make potential moderators fill out questionairres and stupid shit like that. If you have a good track record and get the job, then you handle things like a retard, you'll be fired, end of story.

I'd rather see competence through your actions, not your theory. Anyone can give a bullshit answer to a question, because they know that the evaluator wants to hear it; however, it's a completely different thing altogether to actually execute.
-Angel Zen
This reply was last edited on 09-23-03 06:14:53 AM by Air Bud.
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Ballkicks: (+781 / -120)
Reply 3 of 50 (Originally posted on: 09-23-03 06:46:23 AM)

Since my good friend lost last time to a fluke when these things ran about, I nominate Zippo279. Are you accepting nominations? I'm assuming since she was up to receive the position that she desired it then. I think she'd be a great moderator here.
stay with me awhile rise above the vile name my final rest poured into my chest pledge yourself to me never leave me be sweat breaks on my brow given time ends now spirit painted sin embers neath my skin veiled in pale embrace reached and touched my face

Into the orchard I walk peering way past the gate
Wilted scenes for us who couldn't wait
Drained by the coldest caress, stalking shadows ahead
Halo of death, all I see is departure
Mourner's lament but it's me who's the martyr
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Reply 4 of 50 (Originally posted on: 09-23-03 06:55:15 AM)

Did I say anything about nominations?

No. I didn't.
-Angel Zen
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Ballkicks: (+781 / -120)
Reply 5 of 50 (Originally posted on: 09-23-03 07:06:52 AM)

The absence of you mentioning them is why I wrote "Are you accepting nominations?" The people who were up for this position before were qualified under the conditions you outlined.

But, honestly, I would be interested in the position.
stay with me awhile rise above the vile name my final rest poured into my chest pledge yourself to me never leave me be sweat breaks on my brow given time ends now spirit painted sin embers neath my skin veiled in pale embrace reached and touched my face

Into the orchard I walk peering way past the gate
Wilted scenes for us who couldn't wait
Drained by the coldest caress, stalking shadows ahead
Halo of death, all I see is departure
Mourner's lament but it's me who's the martyr
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 6 of 50 (Originally posted on: 09-23-03 12:45:25 PM)

I was thinking this forum is one of those forums that could use a mod and co-mod. I'd just make Arnok and Skye mods of SD and see how that works, they both frequent the site and have both offered, and seeing as the traffic here is fairly low I wouldn't waste time and leave the forum unattended for much longer. First come first serve or something.
She and he will know,
that someday all things will end
That misty night, that dismal room
the dead, search for their kin.
While angels sleep in endless dark,
the dead seek out sin...
Chaplin
Chicago Cubs Anonymous

LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+17 / -17)
Reg. Date: Sep 2003
Reply 7 of 50 (Originally posted on: 09-23-03 02:30:08 PM)

If I had been here for a long period of time, I'd offer my services. Being that I have a total of not even 10 posts yet, I don't think I'd stand a chance. That being said, I think cyanide or arnok could handle it.
Superman

Ballkicks: (+26 / -53)
Reply 8 of 50 (Originally posted on: 09-23-03 05:20:53 PM)

I completely understand that I would most likely not even be considered a candidate for moderator because of my status. But unlike ConGitSon, I am not going to post and then say I do not deserve it. I have not been on the forums long enough to earn a thorough reputation, although, I do on the other hand think I would be alright for this job.
Reasons:
1) Because I would be able to enforce the tos without carrying whether or not my reputation is hurt.
2) This would be a great learning experience.
3) I enjoy serious discussion more than regular ones.
4) I feel I have enough knowledge to back my decision.
5) I also feel that I am smart enough to learn the tricks of the trade rather quickly.

With that being said, I leave all of my destiny in your hands.
Scruffy - The Janitor
Alcoholics Anonymous
While anarchy can often turn a humdrum weekend into something unforgettable, eventually the mob must be kept from stealing the conch and killing Piggy.

Reply 9 of 50 (Originally posted on: 09-23-03 05:29:29 PM)

Superman, a little tip for you. Try reading all of a thread before you post in it. Saves you from looking like an ass.

Quoted from Sandamnit:
I'd rather see competence through your actions, not your theory. Anyone can give a bullshit answer to a question, because they know that the evaluator wants to hear it; however, it's a completely different thing altogether to actually execute.

The true meaning of Alvistime is drinkin'. Drinkin' and revenge. Now drink with me deeply of the burbon scotch and rye until such time as we are fighting drunk. Then we shall find and beat the asses of the non-believers.

Why can't we not be sober? Just want to start this over. Why can't we drink forever? I just want to start this over.
Superman

Reply 10 of 50 (Originally posted on: 09-23-03 05:45:50 PM)

Quoted from Arnok:
Superman, a little tip for you. Try reading all of a thread before you post in it. Saves you from looking like an ass.

Quoted from Sandamnit:

Name one thing that I could not execute, you do not know my personality or "who I am" so this pretty much only leaves you with my first two reasons. What exactly can you say about those? In all moderation, my reasons were/are how I felt/feel.
Scruffy - The Janitor
Alcoholics Anonymous

Reply 11 of 50 (Originally posted on: 09-23-03 05:59:23 PM)

Look, this isnt some contest, I wasnt attacking you or saying you'd do a bad job. I was simply pointing out that Sandamnit said that it would be rather futile to post your reasonings on why you think you'd make a good mod. People just tend to look like asses when they obviously don't read and comprehend the thread fully.

Superman

Reply 12 of 50 (Originally posted on: 09-23-03 06:01:30 PM)

Quoted from Arnok:
Look, this isnt some contest, I wasnt attacking you or saying you'd do a bad job. I was simply pointing out that Sandamnit said that it would be rather futile to post your reasonings on why you think you'd make a good mod. People just tend to look like asses when they obviously don't read and comprehend the thread fully.

I read and just as well comprehended the thread.

Okay, understood.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 13 of 50 (Originally posted on: 09-23-03 09:13:11 PM)

Asslickers don't get far here.

Also, if this was a nomination thread, I really don't think a likely candidate for moderator of SD would be the guy whose soul purpose on INTL is to be the ass of really lame jokes kicked around by other forummers.

I can see Skye and Arnok doing a good job. Also they aren't both as serious as Mojo and Sunny were put together, which is good because even though these are serious discussions, it wouldn't hurt to incorporate a little bit of humor for the sake of traffic. The funny little "No jokes allowed" title isn't as far off as it should be. I don't think that people here don't want to talk about serious shit but they don't necessarily want to talk so seriously about it. This should be the most strict forum as far as flamming and trolling and spamming go, but you can make very solid, intelligent and impactful statements while at the same time being entertaining. Mojo and Sunny were like Lorel and Abbot. Where the fuck is the little fat funny guy that makes the movie worth watching? I believe Arnok is that little fat funny guy.

Anyway, I really don't care, I just like to spout off random opinions I may or may not even believe myself just to see if there's a jackass out there who will actually agree with me. And then when someone does agree, I just sit here and laugh at their expense...because what kind of fucking moron would listen to a guy named Smokey?
She and he will know,
the dead seek out sin...
Superman

Reply 14 of 50 (Originally posted on: 09-23-03 09:17:48 PM)

Quoted from Smokey2003:
Asslickers don't get far here.

Also, if this was a nomination thread, I really don't think a likely candidate for moderator of SD would be the guy whose soul purpose on INTL is to be the ass of really lame jokes kicked around by other forummers.

I can see Skye and Arnok doing a good job. Also they aren't both as serious as Mojo and Sunny were put together, which is good because even though these are serious discussions, it wouldn't hurt to incorporate a little bit of humor for the sake of traffic. The funny little "No jokes allowed" title isn't as far off as it should be. I don't think that people here don't want to talk about serious shit but they don't necessarily want to talk so seriously about it. This should be the most strict forum as far as flamming and trolling and spamming go, but you can make very solid, intelligent and impactful statements while at the same time being entertaining. Mojo and Sunny were like Lorel and Abbot. Where the fuck is the little fat funny guy that makes the movie worth watching? I believe Arnok is that little fat funny guy.

Anyway, I really don't care, I just like to spout off random opinions I may or may not even believe myself just to see if there's a jackass out there who will actually agree with me. And then when someone does agree, I just sit here and laugh at their expense...because what kind of fucking moron would listen to a guy named Smokey?

This morons got your back! We could be considered two morons in a crowd of people who seem to think they are of the most superior intelligence. What do you say? (Even though most of us are of the most superior intelligence.)
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 15 of 50 (Originally posted on: 09-23-03 09:19:21 PM)

I say I have absolutely no clue what the hell you're talking about.
She and he will know,
the dead seek out sin...
Superman

Reply 16 of 50 (Originally posted on: 09-23-03 09:21:28 PM)

Quoted from Smokey2003:
I say I have absolutely no clue what the hell you're talking about.

The last sentence in your last paragraph.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 17 of 50 (Originally posted on: 09-23-03 09:22:08 PM)

I'm not teaming up with someone who just called me a moron.
She and he will know,
the dead seek out sin...
Superman

Reply 18 of 50 (Originally posted on: 09-23-03 09:30:53 PM)

Quoted from Smokey2003:
I'm not teaming up with someone who just called me a moron.

It was a joke....God!
Scott

Ballkicks: (+78 / -17)
Reply 19 of 50 (Originally posted on: 09-23-03 10:24:39 PM)

*raises hand*
Your world is an ashtray.
We burn and coil like cigarettes.
The more you cry
your ashes turn to mud.
Scruffy - The Janitor
Alcoholics Anonymous

Reply 20 of 50 (Originally posted on: 09-23-03 10:35:32 PM)

I like Smokey's idea of Skye and I doing a duel moderation of SD, so if you're up for that... *thumbs up*

abused
i done told you once bitch

Looks and acts like a douche-bag

Ballkicks: (+820 / -208)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 21 of 50 (Originally posted on: 09-23-03 11:00:21 PM)

What a horrible post to double post on. My apologies.
abused
i done told you once bitch

Looks and acts like a douche-bag

Ballkicks: (+820 / -208)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 22 of 50 (Originally posted on: 09-23-03 11:01:06 PM)

I would like to offer myself into the service of doing the moderation job of SD.

Allow me to explain why:

1. I frequent these forums on a daily basis, if not multiple times a day. I read every single thread, and every single post contained therein.

2. Although I admit, I initially did suck quite a bit, I have improved quite a bit in the recent months of INTL activity. My karma has skyrocketed, and quite often I add somewhat interesting topics to INTL. This could easily continue into SD should I be visiting on a regular basis. I feel I could add good topics, as well as keep the good ones on a continually well kept level.

3. My only downside is the fact that quite often I post intoxicated or high. HOWEVER - Due to the recent banning that I received as a result, I intend on only posting drunk or high in RS, (unless I am only mildly affected) and obviously if I ever were to be intoxicated at night, I would completely refrain from touching any of the moderation buttons and just be an RS type of poster. I am only intoxicated late at night, and even then, I am quick on the go early the next morning to continue.

4. I have been here a somewhat significant amount of time. December 15th is almost a year ago. And although my post count only says 500+, I had a lot of posts previously with my Nova account that got deleted.

5. I generally get along with the majority of people here. Even people who dislike me more than others, such as Flaming Arrow, I still treat civilly enough and we get along decently enough that it would not cause a problem, should I ever be a moderator.

Basically, those are the main reasons I think you should consider me. I feel that I would be very fair with my judgements, and all I would really need is to talk to an Admin about what types of things are ban worthy, and what types are warn worthy, and I'd be all set after the initial conversation. In responsible situations, my common sense usually is quite high, and if I ever did screw up, it would be fairly easy to fire me. (Although I am confident that I would not screw up.)

Well, that is it for now. I am sure I will probably not be considered for the job, since OMG Adam is a drunk poster who has been banned 3 times. But think about it... when I am actively posting on these forums, I do somewhat make a difference in how things go. i'm a serial-killer :)

Either way, I do agree that Cyanide and Arnok would also make great moderators.
Coca-Cola
INTL Premium Member

MY WIG-WAM WOKS!

Ballkicks: (+503 / -183)
Reg. Date: Feb 2003
Reply 23 of 50 (Originally posted on: 09-23-03 11:12:16 PM)

I think I'd make a decent mod, I post frequently enough and I know what to look for in a bad post. So would Adam though, or any of the other formentioned forummers.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyways." - Anonymous

Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 24 of 50 (Originally posted on: 09-24-03 01:17:48 AM)

Quoted from Nova:

3. My only downside is the fact that quite often I post intoxicated or high. HOWEVER - Due to the recent banning that I received as a result, I intend on only posting drunk or high in RS, (unless I am only mildly affected) and obviously if I ever were to be intoxicated at night, I would completely refrain from touching any of the moderation buttons and just be an RS type of poster. I am only intoxicated late at night, and even then, I am quick on the go early the next morning to continue.

Yeah and I promised to never drive my car when I was too shitfaced to make proper judgement on whether or not I could drive...that turned out neat didn't it? Adam, I like you but the thought of you being mod at SD is laughable. It has nothing to do with you posting drunk either, it's just that you have proven to be an unreliable person in the fact that you're always getting banned for really stupid shit. There is just no way.

Quoted from Nova:
5. I generally get along with the majority of people here. Even people who dislike me more than others, such as Flaming Arrow, I still treat civilly enough and we get along decently enough that it would not cause a problem, should I ever be a moderator.

You have had some of the dumbest piss fights with people like FA that screams "I am too fucking immature to moderate a SERIOUS forum."

Quoted from Nova:
I am sure I will probably not be considered for the job, since OMG Adam is a drunk poster who has been banned 3 times. But think about it... when I am actively posting on these forums, I do somewhat make a difference in how things go.

The difference you make is just about the same as anyone else here...if you didn't post, noone would reply. To be completely honest, that is the only difference you make, and just about everyone here can say the same thing. You haven't done anything special.

I think you're capable of doing a good job...I just don't think you'd actually do a good job.
She and he will know,
the dead seek out sin...
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 9761 | Total Posts: 50 ]