Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Comments, Suggestions & Announcements > State of the Forum 2003 > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: Ztolk
Page: [ 1 ] [ Thread Views: 6874 | Total Posts: 20 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+914 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
(Originally posted on: 03-08-03 12:20:59 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I've noticed a trend in these forums when it comes to my situation. I continually have to play the politician when it comes to dealing with situations that arise at this site. I not only want people to continually come to this site, but I also want the please my staff members and keep them in check when it comes to the rules and regulations. In the same regard, I try to keep the rules fairly... fair and straightforward (I may have failed at the straightforward part however).

Now, as I said, I've had to become a politician lately, especially with the PsychoRabbit situation. Why? Well, Mike is one of my friends and I don't want to lose him as a friend, however, it is quite apparent that Mike abused his powers as an administrator by banning Nova. While the banning of Nova might be a small ripple in the ocean of INTL, what happens if I let him continue to do so, especially when it was him that initiated the incident of Nova's banning? I'll tell you what will happen. My site, my beloved INTL, the site that I've dedicated the last year and a half of my life to, put thousands of hours into, not to mention hundreds of dollars into, will become a site known for being run by people that will ban you, merely because they don't like you. That's not what I want to happen.

Again, with that said, I not only want to keep my site in good administrative and moderative balance, while keeping my friends, since it is my friends that aide me in running and maintaining this site in my absence. Nevertheless, now I am beginning to fear that I will lose those people that I've come to consider friends, even though our means of friendship is digital. And by "friends", I mean someone that I would welcome into my home and go out for a cup of coffee with.

This whole deal puts me in quite an awkward position, because I have to make a decision. Should I fire Mike for his obviously unjust actions and risk losing him as a friend? Should I say, "don't do it again," and keep him as an administrator?

The decision is tough. On one hand, I keep Mike fired and lose him as a friend; on the other hand, I reinstate Mike, and make my site look like a biased puppet, where the only people that have any kind of power are protected by my vested interest in not offending my friends, regardless of how unjust their actions. So what should I do? What should I do?

Here's what I should do: fuck being a politician.

I refuse to sit here and be something that I'm not. I'm no politician. I have a job to do as the owner/administrator of this site and that is to ensure that this site is run to my liking, even if it means that I lose someone as a friend and drive people away.

Here's where it's going to get interesting!

It's time for a staff reevaluation. It's time for me to explain why two administrators are being fired, two administrators being hired, and two moderators being promoted. So here we go. Prepare to reply, bitch, and complain, but regardless of what you do and say, nothing will change the outcome of this thread.

PsychoRabbit

Why is he an administrator?
When I first started this site, I made Mike the moderator of Theater of Sound. After he ran this sub-forum for a few weeks, I announced my intent on leaving for the Army and announced him as an administrator, because I was pleased in the way that he ran Theater of Sound and felt that he would make a good administrator.

Why is he being fired?
Recently, it came to my attention that he unjustly banned Nova, after initiating a flamewar with him in Retardation Station, an obvious infraction of the trust that I've given him by making him an administrator. While I've banned plenty of people by entrapping them, such as "post here and you will be banned" and "if you don't post here, you will be banned" threads, they were fully aware of the consequences of their actions by choosing to post and not to post. Mike did not give Nova the advantage of knowing that if he pursued a flamewar, he would be banned. For this reason, I am relieving Mike of his administrator status.

Wheezy

Why is Wheezy an administrator?
Initially, he was not meant to be an administrator and until about a month before I left for basic training, he was not an administrator. It wasn't until he messaged me about ten times about becoming an admin, that I finally made him one, thinking that his fervor in being an admin would reflect what he would do an administrator.

Why is he being fired?
Ever since Wheezy has become an administrator, he has done nothing but sit around, flaunting his administrative position, while doing absolutely nothing with it, beside enjoy the privileges that come along with being an admin at this site. For this reason, I am relieving him of his administrative status.

Baggy_Brad

Why is Baggy_Brad becoming an administrator?
With the, now, absence of two administrators, there obviously needs to be two replacements, one of which is Brad, but why? Ever since the IGod days (for me at least, for others they might remember him from the HG days), Brad has proven to be an excellent poster, active in the forums, and is rather well liked by the forumers not only at IGod, but at INTL as well. Brad has continually exemplified what I like in an administrator, his viewpoints are fair, his humor is unparalleled, and after speaking to him via private messages, he has done his part in proving to me that he will administer this site fairly and justly. For these reasons, Brad has been promoted from moderator to administrator.

mirthalac

Why is mirthalac becoming an administrator?
While his rise from newbie to moderator may have been quite biased on my behalf, mirthalac has proven to be fair and just when it comes to decisions that concern Inside Discussions. He has not only gone from newbie to moderator, but become an integral part of this message board and I know that I can rely on him to act accordingly when it comes to tough decisions and not abuse his powers. For these reasons I am making mirthalac an administrator.

NNY

Why is NNY becoming a moderator of Inside Discussions?
With the promotion of mirthalac as moderator of Inside Discussions to administrator, there is a moderator position open in Inside Discussions. NNY has proven that he can handle responsibility by maintaining the picture gallery and INTL forumer map and has brought to my attention various situations that concern INTL, such as the incident that spawned the creation of this thread. I think it is due time for NNY to take on the responsibility that I know he wants. For this reason he is the new moderator of Inside Discussions.

Mojo

Why is Mojo becoming a moderator of Serious Discussions?
Serious Discussions needs two moderators. While Sunshine may be doing a good job at running the somewhat inactive Serious Discussions forum, two moderators are needed, but why Mojo? Well, ever since Mojo arrived at this forum, she has proven to be intelligent, witty, and levelheaded. To me, I feel as though the addition of Mojo as a staff member and moderator will benefit not only Serious Discussions, but also INTL as a whole. For this reason she is the new moderator of Serious Discussions.

So there you have it, folks. Hate me, love me, but those are my decisions. These changes will take effect immediately. Good day.
swiss
Alcoholics Anonymous

And I tip my hat to YOU, Swiss.

Ballkicks: (+205 / -13)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 1 of 20 (Originally posted on: 03-08-03 12:35:15 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Whatever needs to be done, I'm sure you have the level head needed to manage what is essentially your 'baby'. You gave birth to this miracle and now it needs careful management to keep on growing through its youth to maturity (upon which point it will have sex with other forums and produce other mini forums).

Er... back to maturity. Whatever needs to be done dude. i'm a serial-killer :)
'Boo says "WHAT?" '

'Go for the eyes, Boo! GO FOR THE EYEEYYEEEESSSS!!!'

Ballkicks: (+0 / -0)
Reg. Date: Dec 1969
Reply 2 of 20 (Originally posted on: 03-08-03 01:36:43 PM)

An interesting turn of events.
Good choices for new admins and mods, I'm sure they won't disappoint. I am pleased to see Brad as an admin, as he has proven to be both mature, and a good contributor to the forum.
Another insightful post brought to you by Adam.
This reply was last edited on 03-08-03 01:52:41 PM by .
peach
I get enamoured

Just call me "Mom"

Ballkicks: (+735 / -175)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 3 of 20 (Originally posted on: 03-08-03 03:48:14 PM)

Congrats on all the promotions. You seriously couldn't have picked better people i'm a serial-killer :)
Now is the winter of our discontent
Sunhasrahla
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+756 / -127)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 4 of 20 (Originally posted on: 03-08-03 04:35:30 PM)

Congratulations.

You've done an excellent job, Sandy.i'm a serial-killer :)
*Swigs some 409*

Melanie
Banned for having ideals.

I boned Sandamnit

Ballkicks: (+43 / -6)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 5 of 20 (Originally posted on: 03-08-03 06:00:28 PM)

You made some very, very good choices.

After a while, I can see Mojo becoming an admin for the reasons you made her a mod.
crazy is all right.
Mojo
Velocity BITCH

Big Mamma Bitch

Ballkicks: (+192 / -66)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 6 of 20 (Originally posted on: 03-08-03 06:06:17 PM)

Thank you, and congratulations to everybody. I noticed you didn't list Murph Guitar, but congrats to him, too.

Humbly,
Mojo
"Give me the luxuries of life and I can do without some of the necessities."
-Evelyn Waugh

Tuesday
Stole FA's Fucking Name

Ballkicks: (+17 / -48)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 7 of 20 (Originally posted on: 03-08-03 07:41:31 PM)

Very good choices and excellent logic... good work.
"Rest the weight / I know somethin that you don't know / you've had your chance and folded"
flaming arrow

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1255 / -281)
Reply 8 of 20 (Originally posted on: 03-08-03 07:42:48 PM)

My psychiatrist says I can't deal with change.

*has a panic attack and passes out*
"I'm a thief when all else fails, and all else failed." - Gambit
"It feels like I'm getting more famouser every day." - Avril Lavigne
"The rivers are full of crocodile nasties, and He who made kittens put snakes in the grass." - Jethro Tull, Bungle in the Jungle
"What's your's is mine, and what's mine is mine too. If you shake my hand, better count your fingers. - Megadeth, Dread and the Fugitive Mind

anaemic_royalty
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+884 / -232)
Reply 9 of 20 (Originally posted on: 03-08-03 08:05:48 PM)

Quote:
they were fully aware of the consequences of their actions by choosing to post and not to post

i wasnt!

anyway...
i think you need to make ME an admin, that would restore INTL to its former glory
or at least a moderator
Mojo
Velocity BITCH

Big Mamma Bitch

Ballkicks: (+192 / -66)
Reply 10 of 20 (Originally posted on: 03-08-03 08:49:13 PM)

Quoted from Flaming Arrow:
My psychiatrist says I can't deal with change.

*has a panic attack and passes out*

Obviously, you need to change psychiatrists.

I cannot believe nobody beat me to that.
"Give me the luxuries of life and I can do without some of the necessities."
-Evelyn Waugh

PR
INTL Alumni
oh

Bassists never get no love, man.

Ballkicks: (+486 / -101)
Reply 11 of 20 (Originally posted on: 03-08-03 08:56:00 PM)

Quote:
I keep Mike fired and lose him as a friend

I didn't know I wasn't still your friend.

Congrats, gents and broads.
Where can I turn for comfort? Where do the cold days end?
Where has the sunshine gone? Where do our two hearts blend?
Where has love gone and hidden? Where must I go to find?
The more I shun romance, the more love is defined.
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Ballkicks: (+1431 / -135)
Reply 12 of 20 (Originally posted on: 03-08-03 11:56:42 PM)

Sandy's words make me feel pretty.
I'm a Bloody Aussie!
"Your words cut me like a safety razor." - Blacksun

Who needs women when you've got Cricket... The Hackey Central Times
Roatigas

The best in the world at kicking people when they're down

Ballkicks: (+47 / -21)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 13 of 20 (Originally posted on: 03-09-03 06:48:46 AM)

Brad's abusing his power by saying he'll ban me if I diss cricket any more. Rid him of his power before he hits me again... I'm kidding, I'm sure he'll be a [grits teeth]great[/grit] addition to the team.
"So on the wall there should be one of those emergency boxes with the glass pane on the front, with the words 'break in case of girlfriend' written on it" - Ryan
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 14 of 20 (Originally posted on: 03-09-03 09:53:09 AM)

Just wanted to say.......it's all good.
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Ballkicks: (+875 / -84)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 15 of 20 (Originally posted on: 03-09-03 10:57:59 AM)

Quoted from Baggy_Brad:
Sandy's words make me feel pretty.

Oh, but you are!

Congratulations to everyone who has been promoted. (And Mojo, I love you!)
It is said the Devil has all the best tunes.
This is broadly true. But Heaven has the best choreographers.

Witty Tirade (9:57:12 PM): Where I come from, the South, we have a thing called honour.
ExtraKryspi346 (9:57:41 PM): Does it involve lynching niggers?
ExtraKryspi346 (9:57:58 PM): Because that's all you southern folk can do right
Stormraider
User is currently banned until further notice.

im gay

Reply 16 of 20 (Originally posted on: 03-09-03 11:43:39 AM)

Where is Tyr when I need him? He must pay homage to my vast predictive abilities.

I can't say I'm sorry to see Wheezy lose administrative abilities, but I am damn happy to see NNY finally get what he deserves after the vast screwage that has been his RS moderation career.
Stormraider- 73.275% of your daily dose of Cynical Jackass!!
"Fight the war, fuck the norm. Now I got no patience;So sick of complacence. With the D the E the F the I the A the N the C the E. Mind of a revolutionary, so clear the lane" - RATM
Stoffel
stoffel sucks; 3ms owns + is returning for round 2 lightening round bioch

Ballkicks: (+126 / -74)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 17 of 20 (Originally posted on: 03-09-03 06:31:47 PM)

I believe you made excelent choices for new staff Sandamnit. All four of them have shown themselves to be mature enough to hold the power.
*smacks stoffel's ass*- Melanie
Kitabatake
Fishing with Firecrackers

2efficient4spacebar

Ballkicks: (+450 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 18 of 20 (Originally posted on: 03-09-03 07:12:30 PM)

Yeah, I agree with the choices as well. All of them are people I consider to be fair and people I respect. And, yeah.

Congratulations, kids.

Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+923 / -57)
Reply 19 of 20 (Originally posted on: 03-10-03 12:27:03 PM)

Congratulations to everyone.
mirthalac
INTL Alumni
stan "the single pringle" templeton

Prettiest Red Beard this side of the Canadian Border

Ballkicks: (+301 / -42)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 20 of 20 (Originally posted on: 03-11-03 10:45:35 AM)

Quoted from PsychoRabbit:

I didn't know I wasn't still your friend.

Congrats, gents and broads.

no hard feelings?
Bobby Crosby's
Home of mid-paced viking metal
OLD SKOOL 4 LIFE KREW
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 6874 | Total Posts: 20 ]