Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Scheduled Downtime for Server Transfer: Friday Night, Midnight, CST > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D
Page: [ 1 ] [ Thread Views: 2622 | Total Posts: 6 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+914 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
(Originally posted on: 04-29-04 07:16:23 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

In case you're a moron, allow me to reiterate.

The site will be going down Friday night at sometime around midnight, Central Standard Time, so the current server admin and I can transfer the database, scripts, and uploaded files to the new server. The site will likely be down for a good 2-8 hours, depending on how long it takes us to work out some of the bugs and problems that will surely arise.

For some of you (those of you with good nameservers), you likely won't notice too much of a downtime once the new server is setup and the forums are brought back online under the new IP address for the INTL domain; however, those of you with shitty nameservers that don't update their DNS cache often may notice a significant amount of downtime.

Those of you that have shitty nameservers will still be directed to the current server, even after we do the switch, so taking that fact into consideration, we're going keep the forums on both servers; however, they'll both be accessing the same database, which will reside on the new server.

Since both servers will be running the forum scripts, but utilizing the same database, I will be putting up a notification of which server you are on. Basically, it will either say, "OLD SERVER" or "NEW SERVER" at the top of each page.

If you are on the old (current) server, you won't be able to upload, nor delete files; however, you'll still be able to post. You'll likely also notice a significant rise in the both PHP and SQL load time statistics at the bottom of the page. On the same note, you'll likely only be on the old server for no more than 24 hours after the switch.

tl;dr crew: INTL is going down Friday night at midnight CST while we cast spells and perform various magic tricks on the server to make it work.
"if I were a 23-year-old Toledo U. student named jake I bet she'd have snuck out of her house at 2 a.m. to get fingered by me in the middle of a cornfield"
-New Emp in regards to EscalatorToHell
ice wolverine
Global Moderator

Gay Turtle and Ass

Ballkicks: (+1762 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 6 (Originally posted on: 04-29-04 09:51:10 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

What sort of magic tricks?
mirthalac is fired
Vervet is made admin
Tyr bans himself
Emp protests Vervets adminship
Tazzo bans himself
Salamando bans himself
Vervet locks Emp's protest thread
stew is fired
Nickolati is made moderator
Emp bans himself
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Ballkicks: (+1431 / -135)
Reply 2 of 6 (Originally posted on: 04-29-04 11:52:13 AM)

I'll be out.

And when I come back, I'm hitting the INTL.!
Brad's Autumnish Journal
Ballsack 5.0

i'd like to see a pic of ice's duck

Ballkicks: (+91 / -77)
Reg. Date: Mar 2004
Reply 3 of 6 (Originally posted on: 04-29-04 04:30:00 PM)

Hey, doc, is the INTL going to make it through the operation? MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
Coca-Cola
INTL Premium Member

MY WIG-WAM WOKS!

Ballkicks: (+503 / -183)
Reg. Date: Feb 2003
Reply 4 of 6 (Originally posted on: 04-29-04 06:14:51 PM)

We can only hope. It has already had to liquidate its house and all of its assets.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 5 of 6 (Originally posted on: 04-29-04 08:18:34 PM)

You mean Central Daylight Time, right?
Not being a smartass, just clarifying.
[21:54] <IF0> the room is only really alive if zippo is here.
[21:54] <IF0> otherwise all these pussies idle.
[21:54] <Ztolk> I can be your Zippo
[21:55] <IF0> your voice probly isn't as sexy.
[21:55] <IF0> and your ass isn't as curvy.
[21:55] <IF0> and your tits aren't as large.
[21:55] <IF0> and you don't suck as good a dick.
[21:55] <IF0> plus i don't wanna bone you.
[21:55] <FlamingArrow> Wow, way to break down a man's spirit.
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 6 of 6 (Originally posted on: 04-29-04 10:40:44 PM)

Central Standard Time, -6:00 Greenwich kekeke u give soj???
[20:44] <Trfzt> average south american spic likes soccer
[20:45] <Trfzt> but, for me, liking soccer s a major diagnostic crteria for being moron
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 2622 | Total Posts: 6 ]