Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Your Favorite Seasons of Television > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 2119 | Total Posts: 57 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Muzta
Lord of the Dance
Negative Association was the name of my hot tub

Ballkicks: (+140 / -19)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
(Originally posted on: 07-03-16 03:40:35 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Dexter Season 1
Dexter Season 2

Walking Dead Season 1

Scrubs Season 1
Scrubs Season 2

I would also like to take this opportunity to give a shout out to American Dad, which is really a consistently hilarious show.
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Ballkicks: (+899 / -313)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 1 of 57 (Originally posted on: 07-04-16 04:26:50 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

yeah man, dexter went to hell after the first couple of seasons. Once Doakes was gone.

Surprise, motherfucker!

more of that!
D
Champagne Roomies

POUR MILK DOWN MY THROAT WHILE I LOB THIS GRENADE

Ballkicks: (+1934 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 2 of 57 (Originally posted on: 07-04-16 09:49:20 AM)

Season 1 Battlestar Galactica
balls
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Reply 3 of 57 (Originally posted on: 07-04-16 11:11:07 PM)

Deadwood season one was like Shakespeare, cocksuckers.

more of that!
Run Silent Run Drapes
Administrator
Eiffle Towers: 6969

someone bitter is after my ass

Ballkicks: (+560 / -30)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 4 of 57 (Originally posted on: 07-05-16 07:31:15 AM)

Season 1 of Twin Peaks, obviously
ice wolverine
Global Moderator

Gay Turtle and Ass

Ballkicks: (+1761 / -130)
Reply 5 of 57 (Originally posted on: 07-05-16 07:43:55 AM)

Seinfeld Season N
Run Silent Run Drapes
Administrator

Reply 6 of 57 (Originally posted on: 07-05-16 08:44:08 AM)

lol yeah. I'm working through season 7 right now lots of good stuff.
Ma-Newer
League of Super Sluts

It all became very clear to me sitting out there today that every decision Iíve ever made in my entire life has been wrong.

Ballkicks: (+1024 / -49)
Reg. Date: Sep 2003
Reply 7 of 57 (Originally posted on: 07-06-16 05:09:47 PM)

Simpsons seasons 3-6. Honorable mention to 2 and 7 but the rest are dead to me.
Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Run Silent Run Drapes
Administrator

Reply 8 of 57 (Originally posted on: 07-07-16 07:47:43 AM)

i like until 9. Season 1 was obviously one long pilot.
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1305 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 9 of 57 (Originally posted on: 07-08-16 11:21:04 AM)

Quoted from Trigger Discipline:
Season 1 of Twin Peaks, obviously

There are other shows with episodes I like, but nothing has been so consistently good as Twin Peaks season 1.

Arrested Development seasons 1-3 are also very good.
how is this for a quote
ice wolverine
Global Moderator

Gay Turtle and Ass

Reply 10 of 57 (Originally posted on: 07-08-16 12:36:11 PM)

Yeah the new season wasn't so great
Muzta
Lord of the Dance

Reply 11 of 57 (Originally posted on: 07-09-16 06:42:21 PM)

Always sunny season 1&2, and only because didn't watch anymore.

Also, the only season of Clone High

And the fades
D
Champagne Roomies

POUR MILK DOWN MY THROAT WHILE I LOB THIS GRENADE

Ballkicks: (+1934 / -91)
Reply 12 of 57 (Originally posted on: 07-09-16 08:57:27 PM)

3-south was the superior MTV cartoon
balls
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 13 of 57 (Originally posted on: 07-10-16 06:42:04 AM)

I really enjoyed Bojack Horseman season 2. As a side effect though, seeing all those characters dealing with depression made me kind of depressed.
"ztolk it seems like all you do is watch videos of muscular people vomiting"
-ice
Muzta
Lord of the Dance

Reply 14 of 57 (Originally posted on: 07-30-16 06:44:28 PM)

Stranger Things
everybody watch this immediately
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

Reply 15 of 57 (Originally posted on: 07-30-16 07:49:44 PM)

I LOVE THAT SHOW.....yes everyone watch it. i love the 80's look, the soundtrack, the kids casting. muzta is right on.

more of that!
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

Reply 16 of 57 (Originally posted on: 07-30-16 08:22:14 PM)

more of that!
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+923 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 17 of 57 (Originally posted on: 07-31-16 06:01:01 AM)

Yeah it's very good, although the writing is a bit sketchy sometimes, and I'm not entirely sure I like how the show inevitably becomes less of a thriller/terror thing and more of an adventure as the season goes on and you learn more about the mystery.
Zippo: oh man you are a genius
Run Silent Run Drapes
Administrator

Reply 18 of 57 (Originally posted on: 08-02-16 12:39:11 PM)

I've heard it's a good show. Might pick it up whenever I finish playing StarDew Valley and also watching all of Seinfeld.
luke

did u guys c barista george n creepy spider lady w/ nickelback

Ballkicks: (+7 / -0)
Reg. Date: Sep 2016
Reply 19 of 57 (Originally posted on: 09-11-16 03:47:25 AM)

i watched stranger things, it was OK but was it worth eight hours in the end? no

my issue with serious television is that it takes too long to do too little and does not pay off narrative-wise when compared to film - so i prefer TV that is self-contained, i.e. comedy and public/current affairs shows, and stick to film for the good stuff

serial television just has less integrity, in my opinion. it is more of an exercise in frustration for me, a medium of the past. the mini-series has great potential and can be done very well, but this is usually a british thing rather than american
ice wolverine
Global Moderator

Gay Turtle and Ass

Reply 20 of 57 (Originally posted on: 09-11-16 04:15:44 AM)

did you watch the wire? Pretty much ultimate TV as cliched as it is to say that nowadays
luke

Reply 21 of 57 (Originally posted on: 09-11-16 05:09:01 AM)

there is a long ongoing schtick between some american friends of mine and me about the wire, in that they love it and have tried to get me to watch it for years but i refuse

i actually did watch season one in 2008 but don't really remember it well as i was stoned off my tits

i think i refuse to watch it because it is many seasons long and i have been burned by too many shows in the past, i don't trust it

there are so many good films in the world, self-contained, filled with the human condition, with emotion, with food for thought and love, why would i watch 40 hours of a tv show that has more narrative padding than my pillows (i have lots) when i could watch 20 quality films that each contribute something original to my fucked up experience of the linear rush that is life

to be hyperbolic and scathing, for the AV medium, serial TV is only slightly above youtube cat videos. this is mostly a result of the financing model and will hopefully change with netflix and more mini-series etc. etc. but so far there's been no great shift, e.g. even though there is no reason for house of cards US to be structured with so many episodes as it is, they have chosen to stick to the broadcast format
ice wolverine
Global Moderator

Gay Turtle and Ass

Reply 22 of 57 (Originally posted on: 09-11-16 05:51:27 AM)

I don't really have a dog in this fight but it seems like you contradicted yourself, first saying The Wire was too long to be worth investing time in and then comparing it to low-attention span youtubes?
ice wolverine
Global Moderator

Gay Turtle and Ass

Reply 23 of 57 (Originally posted on: 09-11-16 05:52:41 AM)

I haven't watched it yet but Horace & Pete might interest you, I understand that the episodes are not of uniform length and instead focused on fulfilling the individual plotline of each episode
luke

Reply 24 of 57 (Originally posted on: 09-11-16 06:09:55 AM)

it isn't that The Wire in particular is long, it's that serial TV narratives don't usually justify the length, serial TV is full of padding (based on the economic structure of broadcast media) that undermines the show's integrity and makes it boring

to be clear i am not comparing serial TV to cat vids, i am saying on the hypothetical ranking of formats in the AV medium serial TV is only marginally more worthwhile than cat vids, i.e. a time waster

whereas i would make the case that film, simply by virtue of the fact that the medium is generally self-contained, singular and of a particular length, that its consumption is a single instance, means the people involved in its creation are solely concerned with creating something with a particular worth rather than being concerned with keeping people watching for the sake of keeping them watching, or getting renewed for another season, etc. when i watch a film i very very very rarely feel like it was a waste of time, the opposite is true for serial TV (and some though less mini-series)

edit: i am not hating for the sake of it. all of this stems from ongoing disappointments and frustrations at watching series of recommended television and then going "ugh". i want to be part of the social pleasure of tv consumption but it's just so shit. this has personal resonance as it was a factor in the disintegration of my last relationship; she watched so much fucking shit TV. the fault is with me for getting hung up on what i consider tight and engaging narratives, obviously i am a discerning elitist cunt
This reply was last edited on 09-11-16 06:39:21 AM by luke.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 2119 | Total Posts: 57 ]