Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Video Gaming MegaFAIL lmao > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D
Page: [ 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] [ Thread Views: 24646 | Total Posts: 450 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
flaming arrow

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1255 / -281)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 400 of 450 (Originally posted on: 06-25-17 08:06:15 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I don't mind DLC or expansion packs, but Paradox takes it to the extreme. It's their MO, and it works for them, so whatever. The games themselves are actually good, which is part of why they get away with it.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+923 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 401 of 450 (Originally posted on: 06-25-17 12:07:24 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Paradox sold a public domain 19th-century translation of The Song of Roland as a DLC for CK2. It's hard to argue against what FA is saying.
Zippo: oh man you are a genius
This reply was last edited on 06-25-17 12:12:28 PM by Pertti Susilainen.
flaming arrow

old time judge suck cock

Reply 402 of 450 (Originally posted on: 06-26-17 09:27:34 AM)

Not to mention gating the ability to play as a non-Christian ruler behind multiple expansion packs even though there's no mechanics-based reason for it.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 403 of 450 (Originally posted on: 07-03-17 03:00:49 PM)

Anyone played Thimbleweed Park? I've almost finished it.
edit: ok, finished it.
This reply was last edited on 07-03-17 04:20:00 PM by Pertti Susilainen.
flaming arrow

old time judge suck cock

Reply 404 of 450 (Originally posted on: 07-06-17 10:31:58 AM)

I haven't played it, though I don't get into point-and-click games much.

I've still been playing a shit-ton of PUBG. I got into a few of Polygon's Awful Squad zombie matches and had the great honor of being murdered by 2 of the McElroys and Nick Robinson, so that was fun.

The zombie mode they just added is a ridiculous amount of fun to participate in or just watch. It's basically one team of humans vs. 95ish zombies, so it's designed for streamers and the like. I tell you, watching some streamers running for their lives and then seeing 70+ zombies come running over a hill after them is entertaining as shit.
flaming arrow

old time judge suck cock

Reply 405 of 450 (Originally posted on: 08-08-17 03:47:52 PM)

Path of Exile is the bomb.com for anybody who loved Diablo. There's a new update and junk if you've already played it but I haven't before and I'm enjoying it a lot so far.
D
Champagne Roomies

POUR MILK DOWN MY THROAT WHILE I LOB THIS GRENADE

Ballkicks: (+1935 / -91)
Reply 406 of 450 (Originally posted on: 08-09-17 09:12:49 AM)

I've played a bunch of Northgard lately. It's a cool little RTS game. Kinda easy when you get the hang of it though. I won my first game on medium and bumped it up to hard after a few goes and still haven't lost. It's still fun though.
balls
flaming arrow

old time judge suck cock

Reply 407 of 450 (Originally posted on: 08-09-17 11:15:08 PM)

Yeah I've got that game on my wishlist, it looks pretty and it may scratch that RTS itch I've been having.
just_dandy
INTL Premium Member
Unapologetic apostate approaching her apotheosis, how apropos

Ballkicks: (+129 / -4)
Reg. Date: Jun 2006
Reply 408 of 450 (Originally posted on: 10-08-17 05:54:15 PM)

Quoted from flaming arrow:
Quoted from just_dandy:
Anybody else play Mass Effect: Andromeda?

I never picked it up, but I never picked up ME3 either. Origin is garbage. Is it as crappy as it looks?

Also I own both Witcher 1 and 2, and have only played a few minutes of the first one. I should probably finish them someday.

So many months later, with the patch they released something like a week after it came out, most of the bugs and weird facial BS were fixed. I think I had one mission left I couldn't complete.

Overall I enjoyed it. I was a massive fan of the first games (and I even enjoyed the third, despite everything--because Mass Effect), and they did get some of the feel right. That said, part of what I liked so much about the games is that Shepherd was basically a blank slate who became whoever you decided. You even had a handful of backstory options. Obviously, I *became* Shepherd. Shepherd wasn't just a character I controlled.

By contrast, the main character in Andromeda is already pretty fleshed out as a person with personality traits of their own. And while the downside of this is offset somewhat by more dialogue choices, which give you more complex options than just renegade or paragon, it did affect my immersion.

They still have ridiculous inventory issues that are really irritating to deal with that really should have been addressed. Multiplayer is fun, and the new aliens are serviceable. Was also surprised that considering how the trilogy ended, I was as willing as I was to buy the premise and its plausibility. I did form attachments to some of my crew, but probably not as strongly as in previous games. Story was ok and left some hints of mystery.
Koalas have sharp claws but they are weak. They all small and fat and they be climing trees. I hope a storm just come while theyjust chilling up in the tree thinking they is hard and they're will all just fall off. They just break they neck and shit. When they fall they claws are going to fall off and they going to be crying like some little bitches.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 409 of 450 (Originally posted on: 10-09-17 05:26:20 AM)

Yeah, the whole "blank state" vs "pre-existing well-rounded character" thing is interesting. If done well, the former provides a more immersive roleplaying experience, IMO, but otherwise the latter may make better storytelling easier. It might be the reason why I like the Dragon Age series better than The Witcher.

Haven't played MEA but from what I've heard the criticism was way over the top. Most people who weren't dude bros seemed to think it was alright.
D
Champagne Roomies

POUR MILK DOWN MY THROAT WHILE I LOB THIS GRENADE

Ballkicks: (+1935 / -91)
Reply 410 of 450 (Originally posted on: 10-09-17 11:39:41 AM)

I've been turning over the same idea in my head lately, watching a play-through of Witcher 3. As I've said many times before I found Skyrim to be the most incredible and enjoyable gaming experience I've ever had. But as I watch the Witcher playthrough (I haven't played it myself [also haven't finished watching so no spoilers pls]) I am wondering if it isn't a better game overall and if that is owed to the fact that a more compelling and calculated story can be told by restricting the individuality of the protagonist. Pre Skyrim (and Fallout 3) I would have always argued in favor of a more solid and considered story, but those games impressed me so much that I completely flipped. I may be flipping back. Or maybe I should just acknowledge that both can be a great experience when done well. Thumbs up dude
balls
just_dandy
INTL Premium Member

Reply 411 of 450 (Originally posted on: 10-09-17 09:41:34 PM)

Quoted from Yaroslav Petrovich Volkov:
Yeah, the whole "blank state" vs "pre-existing well-rounded character" thing is interesting. If done well, the former provides a more immersive roleplaying experience, IMO, but otherwise the latter may make better storytelling easier. It might be the reason why I like the Dragon Age series better than The Witcher.

Haven't played MEA but from what I've heard the criticism was way over the top. Most people who weren't dude bros seemed to think it was alright.

I think I'd agree. Uncharted is probably my favorite example of fleshed out done well, but [good] Mass Effect still wins for me.

I think I'm going to have to actually get around to playing Dragon Age. It's been recommended to me a number of times, and I just haven't.

As far as Andromeda, I was told it's $9 now. Damn. My hopes for an improved second installment have been dashed.
Koalas have sharp claws but they are weak. They all small and fat and they be climing trees. I hope a storm just come while theyjust chilling up in the tree thinking they is hard and they're will all just fall off. They just break they neck and shit. When they fall they claws are going to fall off and they going to be crying like some little bitches.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 412 of 450 (Originally posted on: 10-11-17 12:53:41 PM)

YES, you should totally play the Dragon Age series. Dragon Age Origins is the best RPG I've ever played, I think, and Dragon Age Inquisition is great too (just finished the final DLC for that game and I'm bummed because I'm going to miss my character and her friends so much). Dragon Age II gets a bad rap but people usually praise its story (I haven't played it yet, though). If you like blank-state RPGs AND Mass Effect, Dragon Age should be totally up your alley.

Dimi, personally I didn't think Skyrim gave me as much freedom or as many tools to build a coherent character rather than a character archetype, I felt I couldn't really choose much of my character's personality, only their actions. I still love Skyrim but in my opinion that's a flaw or rather a small limitation of the Elder Scrolls series. Truth be told, I failed to develop much of a bond with any of my characters in those games. Maybe it's because they largely lack choices that will have an impact on the game world down the line, or because there's much less emphasis on personal relationships.
Run Silent Run Drapes
Administrator
Eiffle Towers: 6969

someone bitter is after my ass

Ballkicks: (+561 / -30)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 413 of 450 (Originally posted on: 10-14-17 02:22:49 PM)

JD and I played Super Mario World when I went to visit her last week and we got 100% completion over the course of just 2 days. Anyway, I had to brag somewhere and this seems like the right thread.
just_dandy
INTL Premium Member

Reply 414 of 450 (Originally posted on: 10-23-17 05:55:54 PM)

This is true. I'm pretty much always down for Super Mario World.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 415 of 450 (Originally posted on: 10-30-17 03:53:20 AM)

INTL meetings should be a bigger deal.
Run Silent Run Drapes
Administrator

Reply 416 of 450 (Originally posted on: 10-31-17 12:26:54 PM)

We had fun; it was cool. Maybe we should make a thread IDK
greenidentity
Disco naps and liquorice Snaps.

It is time for some fine fine wine.....or box wine it's all good man

Ballkicks: (+603 / -81)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 417 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-13-17 09:32:42 AM)

Oh well hi and hello, void.

I've been into games the last few years, albeit late since I'm now nearing 40. I did a few posts about my favorite games, I'll post them here and if anyone still visits this ghost town, maybe we can chat about them.

2016 Favorite Video Games (PS3/4 exclusively)

Here are games I discovered in 2016, with my favorite being the last.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter:
Poignant, atmospheric, haunting walking simulator, with puzzles throughout. This game was riveting, it felt rewarding to solve the “puzzles”, and the story was immersive. It’s a bit heartbreaking, but so worth it.

Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture:
The epitome of a walking simulator, and in the same vain as Ethan Carter. You have to have the patience of a saint if you want to stay with this game, dedicating lots of time to take everything in and let the story (slowly) unfold. I personally had to force myself to finish the game. I found the story lackluster, I couldn’t connect with the characters, the ending was left open and cryptic, and it lacked variety or any sense of reward. I will say that certain parts are very beautiful, especially when following a trail of stars, but I found myself wanting more.

Guitar Hero 3/ Metallica Guitar Hero:
This was almost my number 1 game, because I had a BLAST playing it. Guitar Hero 3 is the best version of the series, and I was pleased to see it aged so well 10 years after I initially played it. It's just a fun and super addicting game.

Until Dawn:
I have mixed feelings about this game. It’s a cool experience, cinematically. Pros: It can be pretty scary, the story is entertaining, the choices and Butterfly effects are innovative and IMHO prevent it from simply being an “interactive movie.” You have to be involved, which helps stimulate emotional response and reward.
Cons: The characters are so fucking annoying. I can let it slide, since it reminds me of a 90’s horror movie in that sense, but it's still detracts from the experience a bit. It has great replay value, so I'm hoping to play it again to get different experiences.

The Walking Dead Telltale Series, Seasons 1 and 2:
I’m a big fan of this, because I do like story/choice based games the most. Your choices in this game really have an effect on outcomes, which get really emotional! The only downside is that I feel shitty playing it sometimes! There’s no “good” choice to make in certain situations, you just have to do what you think is best. The voice acting is good, and I always connect with the characters. It makes me wonder if I could really survive in such dire conditions.

Last but not least, one of my favorite video games ever goes to Bayonetta.

Bayonetta is a story-driven action game, that uses combo-effects/button mashing for attacks. It's fast paced, the level design is gorgeous, it's completely over the top, and the bosses are fucking tremendous monsters. It’s intensely stylized, and though the story is your typical Light vs Dark/underworld stuff, it unfolds and immerses you over the course of the game nicely. The combat is satisfying as hell, and the attacks and climaxes (lots of sexual innuendo in this game) are insane. It’s challenging and strategic enough (witch-walking etc) to be interesting, and the variety of moves are endless. This game is a lot of fun, and not too easy or hard.

I purposely left out Skyrim because Skyrim is life, and would have too easy of an advantage over these. Plus I started playing it in 2015, I think.

Up next, PC games.....
You make me sick
Because I adore you so.
greenidentity

Reply 418 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-13-17 09:45:33 AM)

Favorite PC Games of 2016.

Again, these games are not new in 2016, but new to me. I played more PC games than any other.

Call of Cthulu, Dark Corners of the Earth:
You'll die 100 times, and that's if your PC will even play this thing. It's so challenging but when you win (which you will if you keep at it), you'll want to throw a big party.

Fran Bow:
Creepy, cartoonish, disturbing, written dialogue, story based, no replay value, psychological horror, lots of puzzles, crazy little girl and her cat.

Alan Wake:
Dark, atmospheric, psychological horror reminds me of a Dean Koontz story, mystery, unravelling story with clues. I have up playing it though because I felt as if the controls weren't as efficient with a keyboard/mouse as they would be with a controller.

Her Story:
Very unique game that I like wqite a bit. It's a mystery game, containing video clips of police interviewing a woman about her husband's death, and it's up to you to piece together the clues and solve it. I found the sole "character" (Viva Seifert) to be fantastic in her portrayal of different "personalities", and she is the only character shown in the game.

The Park:
Creepy, walking simulator/ 1st person, psychological horror, disturbing, immersive, unfolding story, some puzzles. Dark and morbid, a short game, I really liked it though it was not mind-blowing.

The Stanley Parable:
A lot of fun, sarcastic, satire, laugh at yourself, I'd recommend this game to anyone who likes games, lol.

Sunless Sea:
I wanted to like this more than I did. Choose-your-own adventure, unique sea exploration, nice story, Lovecraftian horror vibe. But it's very slow paced, too much dying/starting over, the navigation is so slow you could watch paint dry during it, and the combat is sort of weird. Also, there's no fucking map so you just have to figure out where you're going most the time which is super frustrating.

Gone Home:
Another walking simulator, based in 1994. Find objects, interact, watch a story unfold that immerses you more and more as you go. A little sad, very nostalgic for 90's kids, and a pretty light game overall with a kind of cryptic ending.

Serena:
A short game, point and click on clues, story unfolds. Nothing much to it besides unravelling a somewhat macabre story. I find the voice acting SO BAD, but the game is fun if you're looking to kill some time and have an interesting experience.

Oblivion (YES I JUST STARTED PLAYING THIS IN 2016 AND I REALLY LIKE IT SO WHAT)

And now on to my Top 3 games!

3. This War of Mine.
This may be the most addicting game I have ever played in my life. I played this game for 5 hours at a time. I thought about this game while I was at work. I needed to keep replaying this game to progress and learn which I did and when I was done, I felt extremely satisfied and went back to my normal life. Point and click, story based, resource management, survival, emotional, character based, written dialogue only, and has that raw kind of sketch art design that I love. It can be depressing because CIVIL WAR, but it's also thought-provoking and can bring a true awareness where there previously wasn't any at all. This one edged out Her Story slightly, due to replay value it holds.

2. The Cat Lady.
The Cat Lady has the most disturbing themes (psychotic nurse, acid-burn to face, depression, force-fed hostage, depression, suicide etc etc) I've ever seen in a game. You're probably like...WTF why would anyone want to play that? Because the characters and story are SO GOOD. You care for them, the voice acting is stellar, the story is immersive, raw, heartbreaking, bittersweet, astounding and even redeeming. I'm a big fan of the raw sketch-style art, and Susan and Mitzi have forever etched their names into my heart.

1. Child of Light.
This was hands down my favorite PC game of the year. (also available on PS and Xbox, I think.) It is a side scrolling platform game with puzzles, and a spoken, rhyming dialogue (which I personally enjoyed.) Whimsical, beautiful, a little sad, funny, mischievous, fantasy, nostalgia are the themes here. I especially love the gorgeous watercolor design, and the landscapes are beautiful. It feels like you are playing a game inside of a painting. This game really spoke to my inner child, it's gentle, funny, innocent and kind, even though the story itself is a little sad.
You make me sick
Because I adore you so.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 419 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-13-17 04:53:08 PM)

Fran Bow is fantastic. It has so much character and it really stays with you for a while after you finish it.
greenidentity

Reply 420 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-13-17 07:56:07 PM)

Quoted from Pertti Susilainen:
Fran Bow is fantastic. It has so much character and it really stays with you for a while after you finish it.

I would agree accept at times it would seem silly. But the puzzles were always really good and I thought pretty challenging as well!

If anyone is on Steam, add me!
You make me sick
Because I adore you so.
This reply was last edited on 11-14-17 08:55:31 AM by greenidentity.
electric-wizard

Ballkicks: (+0 / -0)
Reg. Date: Aug 2017
Reply 421 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-13-17 08:01:03 PM)

Quoted from greenidentity:

really such a boring game...i played it back in '05 or whenever it came out and couldn't even bear to finish the main quest. morrowind, despite the awful graphics, had a much more immersive story-line and actually made me feel compelled to finish the main quest and learn about the anti-hero. the "new" shit show, skyrim, had an even less compelling story arc. after the shiny graphics gloss and endless arrow dialogs, there's nothing to it except fedex quests and violent psychopathy like in the fall out series.

fuck bethesda, sell-outs. they're worst than ID
greenidentity

Reply 422 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-14-17 08:55:14 AM)

Quoted from electric-wizard:
Quoted from greenidentity:

really such a boring game...i played it back in '05 or whenever it came out and couldn't even bear to finish the main quest. morrowind, despite the awful graphics, had a much more immersive story-line and actually made me feel compelled to finish the main quest and learn about the anti-hero. the "new" shit show, skyrim, had an even less compelling story arc. after the shiny graphics gloss and endless arrow dialogs, there's nothing to it except fedex quests and violent psychopathy like in the fall out series.

fuck bethesda, sell-outs. they're worst than ID

I haven't played the "new" Skyrim because I already completed almost every storyline in the original, and I don't see a point in replaying the game. I have terrible eyesight so better graphics mean fuck all to me.

I like Oblivion better in a lot of ways. I really liked the main quest, which I just finished a few weeks ago. Gameplay and mechanics-wise it may not be as good, but yea it's older and I really don't care. I like a lot of the quests and characters better than Skyrim, and I like the challenge of closing Oblivion gates. I like that I can also use it as a filler game once in awhile. I can waste so much time fucking around in that game, and I like it. Skyrim's dungeon crawls are significantly better, though.

Albeit, I'm not a "seasoned" gamer and I haven't tried Morrowind yet, though I do own it. I've also never played any Fallout.
You make me sick
Because I adore you so.
Run Silent Run Drapes
Administrator

Reply 423 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-14-17 03:01:40 PM)

Quote:
If anyone is on Steam, add me!

What's your ID?
greenidentity

Reply 424 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-14-17 03:29:26 PM)

I think it's greenidentity....
If not try rubyvita.
You make me sick
Because I adore you so.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 24646 | Total Posts: 450 ]