Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > The Hall of Fame > IF0 RESIGNS FROM ADMINISTRATOR POSITION!!! (ALL THE SMUTTY DETAILS INSIDE, PS IT INVOLVES AN UNDERAGED GIRAFFE AND SOME PEANUTS) > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] [ Thread Views: 23643 | Total Posts: 182 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Scruffy - The Janitor
Alcoholics Anonymous
While anarchy can often turn a humdrum weekend into something unforgettable, eventually the mob must be kept from stealing the conch and killing Piggy.

Pimpin is just a haircut and a shave away!

Ballkicks: (+650 / -57)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 50 of 182 (Originally posted on: 03-12-09 10:59:42 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 51 of 182 (Originally posted on: 03-12-09 11:02:58 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

VIVE LA REVOLUCION
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."
"If it were, Santana and I would be dating.

GLEEK

Ballkicks: (+414 / -233)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 52 of 182 (Originally posted on: 03-12-09 11:05:05 AM)

Quoted from Arnok:

but she's the oppressor in this case, not if0
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+914 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 53 of 182 (Originally posted on: 03-12-09 11:42:36 AM)

Quoted from KingHarvest:
Quoted from Sandamnit:
Quoted from KingHarvest:
"IF0 RESIGNS FROM ADMINISTRATOR POSITION!!! (ALL THE SMUTTY DETAILS INSIDE, PS IT INVOLVES AN UNDERAGED GIRAFFE AND SOME PEANUTS)"

Did you really write something so absurdly banal and internet-pseudo-witty as that?
Wait. Who the fuck are you again?

How am I supposed to answer this question?
By shutting the fuck up and not making dumbass comments about shit you don't know anything about.
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Ballkicks: (+899 / -313)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 54 of 182 (Originally posted on: 03-12-09 11:45:31 AM)

this must be what it's like to read travis barker and shanna molarker's myspace pages

enough of that
KingHarvest
Pretentious Classicist

Ballkicks: (+7 / -4)
Reg. Date: Mar 2009
Reply 55 of 182 (Originally posted on: 03-12-09 11:46:39 AM)

My, you're quite testy about this.
Most men are rather stupid, and most of those who are not stupid are, consequently, rather vain.
-A.E. Housman
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Reply 56 of 182 (Originally posted on: 03-12-09 11:50:32 AM)

Quoted from KingHarvest:
My, you're quite testy about this.

it's the beginning of the e-rut and sandamnit has just about scratched all the velvet off his mighty antler....the big ones tend to roar.

enough of that
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+914 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 57 of 182 (Originally posted on: 03-12-09 11:51:18 AM)

You're telling me. I'm the one who has to pay to replace my drywall.

I'm obviously very angry and not just simply annoyed at your disposition of pseudo-intellectual superiority and pretentiousness.

After all, I do take this very seriously.
Acheron
INTL Premium Member
If I die in Raleigh, at least I will die free.

is this guy acheron???????? hahaha acheron you big fag

Ballkicks: (+224 / -116)
Reg. Date: Mar 2004
Reply 58 of 182 (Originally posted on: 03-12-09 11:51:42 AM)

Where do I send my resume for what I assume is now an open position?
"All governments lie, but disaster lies in wait for countries whose officials smoke the same hashish they give out." -IF Stone
KingHarvest
Pretentious Classicist

Ballkicks: (+7 / -4)
Reg. Date: Mar 2009
Reply 59 of 182 (Originally posted on: 03-12-09 11:52:01 AM)

This sounds like it could become dangerous depending on the species. Are we talking e-white tail deer, e-elk, or e-moose?
Most men are rather stupid, and most of those who are not stupid are, consequently, rather vain.
-A.E. Housman
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

Reply 60 of 182 (Originally posted on: 03-12-09 11:52:44 AM)

Quoted from Ollie Garkey:

Sunny's vagina.

enough of that
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 61 of 182 (Originally posted on: 03-12-09 11:53:58 AM)

This is absurd; I spend 45 minutes waiting for sunny's reply and I get rewarded with this? You gentlemen have no shame!d
Sunhasrahla
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+756 / -127)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 62 of 182 (Originally posted on: 03-12-09 11:56:14 AM)

Quoted from vissario:
It is the result of her wishing to have increasing amounts of say in the forum in various arenas of management. As far as specifics, from what I have learned, it is mainly that sunny would like to be personally involved in all of the aspects of moderation and administration of the various forums on the site. The best example is her insistence on creating the beauty forum whether IF0 approved or not, and insisting that he had to consult her prior to instituting anything himself. a worse example is probably how she, contrary to the first intentions of her being added to the forum, is taking up an increasing amount of the actual moderating duties such as bannings, appointments, et cetera.

Either way you shake it, there is a power struggle that if0 didn't want to participate in and that sunny was ready to endure. Like I said, normalcy, not revolution, is what INTL needs in terms of its administrative staff.

None of this was thought out or planned or whatnot. In 2006, I offered my server to be used as I was getting sick and tired of watching INTL die from server crash after server crash. Through 2007 and early 2008, Rich and others would come up and ask me to do things, and I would do them. Most of these things were linked to the forum software; 'can you fix the arcade?', 'can you make these settings to X forum?', 'could you add this to the ToS?'. Others came from policies Rich and others were completely behind 'let's recreate BB and the Arena!' and 'maybe we should have one moderator per forum.' I painstakingly went through every forum, using archive.org, to find the original threads for both forums (as Rich had previously merged them with ID, RS and the Halls). Rich did not want to deal with it, so I went ahead and tried to find out who wanted to stay as a moderator and who didn't.

The only time I dealt with moderation is when someone asked me. "How do you IP ban?" - "Here, I'll show you how it's done." "Is there a way to take away X permission, this person has broken Y rule with it, and I can't seem to find it." There was no decision to continue to ban people left and right. With INTL's activity being lower since 2005 then ever had been, nobody saw a major need to ban someone for longer than a day or a week. As time went on, it became the status quo that even messing with users for no reason was frowned upon, despite how common it was in older versions of INTL. Why would you want to make people constantly angry if it only encourages them to not want to come here?

Since INTL5 came out, I became more and more relied upon for fixes to the forum software. Sandy is for the most part done with it. Rich never really bothered to learn how it operates. I've set up scripts and new features since then, put up emoticons and arcade games, slowly been working to update the FAQ, set up a chat, created themes, set up stats, etc.

The fights I would have with Rich didn't come from serious issues. It didn't come because I created a forum without him saying so - H&B and The Champagne Room were both something that was agreed on, and pushed by a few INTLers. It didn't come because I did what he asked - as in adding the forum game "BlackNova Traders". The fights came from stupid shit. Rich had a tendency to edit people's profiles and permissions; he would change a user's name, give them an avatar they did not want, he would take away their ability to give karma, or see karma, or give titles, whatever. He would do this to users who haven't been around for a while or never did anything immediate to deserve it, just to see the fallout from it. He wouldn't ever bring it up, or say "oh yeah, I did this for a week because of X reason" as was normally shared between other admins. What would happen is these users would come up to me and complain; through PM, AIM, chat, sometimes even in the forums. "Someone has changed my permissions, I wish this would stop, I don't like it, it doesn't make it fun to come here." So I'd switch it back and apologize, not knowing who did it. I didn't want to see INTL lose a member - however possible - because of this. When no reasonable reason is given or known, it makes it seem that much more malicious.

All I had ever asked from Rich was just to give me a heads up about this stuff, so I would know beforehand why these users were complaining to me. So I would back off, and let him deal with it himself; which did happen when he would rarely tell me. He took this to mean that he needed permission to do things. All I had wanted was him to share what he was doing, so we'd have an idea who did what and why. I'm not guiltless of this, too, I went ahead and added minor scripts without necessarily informing everyone else; as in the public display for the stats. However, when it came to forumers, it seemed more important to have some transparency. Most admins and mods go about this well.

Over time, he took the fact that I kept asking "what the hell?" in the things he'd do as me taking charge over him. He opted to leave on the basis that he didn't see himself as the boss anymore.

There wont be anything different in how this forum operates then it has in the last 2 years; the only significant difference being that Rich no longer has the stress of feeling like he's losing power, or no longer in charge. All the good to him, as it seems family life is making him busier.
This reply was last edited on 03-12-09 12:03:40 PM by Sunhasrahla.
Acheron
INTL Premium Member

Reply 63 of 182 (Originally posted on: 03-12-09 11:57:06 AM)

Quoted from Snowy:
Quoted from Ollie Garkey:

Sunny's vagina.

Great, then I already have a leg up!
"All governments lie, but disaster lies in wait for countries whose officials smoke the same hashish they give out." -IF Stone
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 64 of 182 (Originally posted on: 03-12-09 12:02:55 PM)

Quote:
[06:06] xxx: esp since sunny told me she would make my forum even if you disapproved

Quote:
xxx2: i mentioned that i don't see a problem with IF0 doing something without informing anybody as he's the owner, and she went on a long rant about how you have to tell her first

This reply was last edited on 03-12-09 12:22:38 PM by IF0.
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 65 of 182 (Originally posted on: 03-12-09 12:18:58 PM)

No one has questioned your dedication to the site or the forum. In fact, we all can agree that you are an important member, in fact one of the most important members, of the forum and are instrumental in making it run. Further, your work is appreciated and lauded for what it is and has done for us all.

However, the contention here arises from the fundamental fact that, although important and very high up, you are not the the highest up. If0 was and, in my opinion, he should still be. He is a friendly face who, though flawed like the rest of us, is somebody who doesn't naturally create animosity and inspires little heated debate or dislike. He neither causes contention nor does he really create it en masse with other forumers (excepting a few like Snowy, of course). His "abuses" of power, as you call them, are hardly things of any serious gravity in detrimentally affecting forum activity. And, in honesty, it is his forum to do as he pleases, not yours. If0 ceding various privileges to you does not imply that he is now ready to work either under you, or even with you as a partner, in determining the course of INTL.

The only course of action is to return to our previous course; if0 remains in charge, you are the right-hand man of if0 along with the other admins of INTL, and Sandamnit retains the rights to INTL's name and status as its grumpy-old grandpa.
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Ballkicks: (+527 / -190)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 66 of 182 (Originally posted on: 03-12-09 12:18:58 PM)

Sunny writes a 4 page post (as normal), and that's all you respond with? Two anonymous lines from a chat?
U CANT TRICK THE TRICKSTER

Moderator of the Proud Inside Discussions Forum.
www.uselessstatic.com
Acheron
INTL Premium Member

Reply 67 of 182 (Originally posted on: 03-12-09 12:19:36 PM)

So this is obviously a conspiracy. Forums live on drama, and the operators have conspired to milk more activity out of the site.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 68 of 182 (Originally posted on: 03-12-09 12:20:57 PM)

That reminds me, I need to give a couple people permission to post threads again.

I've got some stuff to say, but I don't really have the time to formulate what I want to put out there in a message at the moment. I imagine we'll be seeing some more changes in the not-to-distant future, and I'll elaborate on that more.

Anyway, try to keep the drama or whatever the fuck backlash from this in this thread for the time being, please.
I don't have a drinking problem.
I drink, I get drunk, I fall down.
No problem.
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 69 of 182 (Originally posted on: 03-12-09 12:21:52 PM)

Quoted from wheezy:
Sunny writes a 4 page post (as normal), and that's all you respond with? Two anonymous lines from a chat?

There were posted for irony. If those people want to post about it, they will. If not, they won't.

Besides, you really interested in some long refute?
Sunhasrahla
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+756 / -127)
Reply 70 of 182 (Originally posted on: 03-12-09 12:23:35 PM)

Quoted from IF0:
Quote:
[06:06] xxx: esp since sunny told me she would make my forum even if you disapproved

Quote:
[16:58] sunniesrevenge: I'll talk it over with Rich, and see what the responses are, but I would like you to be a mod of it if it comes to fruition.
[16:58] xxx: ca-ching
[16:58] sunniesrevenge: I've been looking to add a new forum.
[16:58] sunniesrevenge: LOL IM SUCH A FAG!!
[16:59] xxx: gives me good practice for the health too big grin
[16:59] sunniesrevenge: I am probably going to mostly post about the health LOL IM SUCH A FAG!!
[16:59] sunniesrevenge: and maybe it'll get Trof and you posting more
[16:59] sunniesrevenge: mm i wanna suck ur cock lol
[16:59] xxx: def trof
[16:59] xxx: he can be my co mod
[17:01] xxx: i am heavily endorsing him pls
[17:02] sunniesrevenge: ok
[17:02] sunniesrevenge: as long as he's willing.
[17:02] xxx: he will be
[17:02] sunniesrevenge: and Rich goes along and okays it i'm a serial-killer :)

You 'okayed' the forum, but you never 'okayed' Trof.

Quoted from IF0:

Quote:
xxx2: i mentioned that i don't see a problem with IF0 doing something without informing anybody as he's the owner, and she went on a long rant about how you have to tell her first

I made the same rant as I just did in my previous post. Whether or not you take away that you 'require my permission' or not to do things, I've made it clear to you time and time again that I just want to know what you're doing and why so I can avoid getting involved in the fallout of it (if the user in question brings it up to me). Every other admin does this, Matt will often even make it public (as with his changes to FM and others). Nothing happens with those changes, because it's known and the reasoning is given. When it comes down to it, I have done the same.

Whether or not you view yourself as the owner and the boss, was it much to ask to know what you're doing and why you're doing it, before we ended up getting into a fight over the consequences of changing your plans because you never previously brought it up? When I showed you something new, as with the stats or new arcade games, it wasn't to say "oh I'm done, this is it." I wanted to gauge what you thought beforehand and whether or not it was worthwhile to keep going with it.

That became common practice even well before I got involved in it all.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 71 of 182 (Originally posted on: 03-12-09 12:24:53 PM)

Dammit why do you guys keep posting so fast? I can't keep up!
Spiff: amphytrite, the anti-tart

Purple: Amphy, scratch my neckfat
Acheron
INTL Premium Member

Reply 72 of 182 (Originally posted on: 03-12-09 12:24:59 PM)

Quoted from vissario:
His "abuses" of power, as you call them, are hardly things of any serious gravity in detrimentally affecting forum activity.

Look, if people ask that it stop, then it is a thing of serious gravity. Furthermore, if Sunny hosts the server, she has some significant power.

At the end of the day, the person who pays the bills is the person in power. Sunny's not being too ridiculous from what we've seen, and if we followed your logic "IFO OWNS THE SITE, ERGO, HE IS LEADER" ignores the reality of the situation.

It's not like Sunny said "YOUR OUT OR YOU CAN FIND A DIFFERENT SERVER!!!11" or something, and from what I can tell, Rich chose to quit.
ice wolverine
Global Moderator

Gay Turtle and Ass

Ballkicks: (+1762 / -130)
Reply 73 of 182 (Originally posted on: 03-12-09 12:26:43 PM)

oh god post most drama im almost there yes keep going oh
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Ballkicks: (+527 / -190)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 74 of 182 (Originally posted on: 03-12-09 12:27:39 PM)

xxx is clearly zippo, by the by
U CANT TRICK THE TRICKSTER

Moderator of the Proud Inside Discussions Forum.
www.uselessstatic.com
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 23643 | Total Posts: 182 ]