Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > The Hall of Fame > Why are people so dumb? > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 15 ] [ Thread Views: 43627 | Total Posts: 366 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+923 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 50 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-23-06 06:00:11 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Quote:
So why don't we all kill ourselves and get permanently banned already? lol. Seriously, Drah, she wasn't all that bad. Stoned - yes, Bitchy - sure, nasty - of course, but neither BAD, nor obnoxious (or whatever) like me. The one who banned her just proved to be weak and touchy, he lost the difference between abuse and irc-chit-chat. Ban her from irc, the hell with it, but never do it on INTL without some well-grounded reason, supported by many. IMHO, She was here enough time to win sufficient respect for not being got rid of as used condom.

Some would consider it officially a part of INTL too. However if that's the case it's not sufficiently regulated, and there's nothing like a TOS for the IRC chat as far as I know. Right now it's all down to common sense and not being a dumbass, which is not a bad thing; actually I don't think it really needs more specific rules. What I'm saying is that the code of conduct of INTL is not the same as the code of conduct for the chat, and that one shouldn't affect the other; it hasn't in the past, since people that were banned at INTL have used the IRC channel without any problem.

However, it doesn't seem like she was banned only (or mainly) for her behavior on the chat. At least there should be a post in the Hall of Rejects explaining the reasons and the duration of the ban (because making it permanent is ridiculous, and even if it were justified it'd still be a joke since everybody comes back from their permabans eventually). The way it's been done, it's a major fuck-up and it brings back memories of past random bans that, I think, everybody regretted.
"Hwt, he on a tid e he inne bi, ne bi hrinen mid y storme s wintres; ac t bi an eagan bryhtm and t lste fc, ac he sona of wintre on one winter eft cyme hwt r foregange, oe hwt r fylige, we ne cunnen."
"Lo, he, in the time that he is inside, is not touched by the storm of the winter, but that is an eye's winking and the least time, but he straightway comes back from winter into winter, what thereto may precede or what to it may follow, we do not know."
Stormraider
User is currently banned until further notice.

im gay

Reply 51 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-23-06 06:15:13 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

See, Buddha, I wouldn't give a flying fuck if you did compare yourself to Christ, because you've already proven enough that you're completely batshit insane.

For one, you use Christian doctrine to attempt to justify a philosophy of suicide. Fuck, the Papacy had better justitification for their bullshit anti-birth control policies than you have for your wacked-out beliefs.

Quote:
of course, but neither BAD, nor obnoxious (or whatever) like me.

Agreed. Let's ban you, instead.
Stormraider- 73.275% of your daily dose of Cynical Jackass!!
Fuck you, your dog, and manifest destiny!
anaemic_royalty
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+884 / -232)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 52 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-23-06 06:38:35 AM)

Quote:
So why don't we all kill ourselves and get permanently banned already? lol. Seriously, Drah, she wasn't all that bad. Stoned - yes, Bitchy - sure, nasty - of course, but neither BAD, nor obnoxious (or whatever) like me

I didn't say she was "that bad", the problem is that you apparently made this entire thread about her, dedicated to stopping people from being mean to her and bitching at her, when in fact she herself bitched more and was meaner than a lot of other people here.

Since you yourself seem to realize that she was "bitchy" and "nasty" at times now, what the hell was the point of this thread?
When you're bitchy and nasty, of course people are gonna bitch back at you.
She wasn't being unprovokedly attacked just for being a newbie.

I agree that the ban seems a bit strange, like the warning she recently got for something in TEZ.
DRAHNIER
anaemic_royalty
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+884 / -232)
Reply 53 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-23-06 06:46:59 AM)

I'm assuming that when you said this thread was devoted to snowy, you meant that she's the "newbs" you were talking about in the topic post, by the way. (To avoid misunderstandings)

Quote:
If you want to fuck with somebody then choose anyone of your own moronic kind. Leave newbs alone, stop that idiotic postcounting unreasonable bitching...

DRAHNIER
Buddha
Fags vs. Buddha
INTERNET MARTYR!

let us praise his holy name

Ballkicks: (+35 / -41)
Reg. Date: Dec 2005
Reply 54 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-23-06 08:36:03 AM)

Quoted from Stormraider:
Agreed. Let's ban you, instead.

I would gladly accept my ban if snowy returns. Because I don't want this forum to become a swamp. And noone does, I guess.

Quoted from anaemic_royalty:
I agree that the ban seems a bit strange, like the warning she recently got for something in TEZ.

That was the point. I just wanted you to stop and think about it. You still can be the next one banned for things that do not differ from your everyday forum behaviour. I don't want that to happen. Never.

Newbs are another thought that somehow connected to me with what I think "modus vivendi" of this forum is. May be I simply perceive hazing in another way and that is supposed by my mentality, but I accept it as invalid. For those who never served in russian army I could tell a bunch of stories narrating of "Grands" (soldiers, who has served more than 1,5 years) beating newbs to death, wiring them to dynamo, torturing them in various ways and so on. But I don't want to. And again this thread is ment for you, for us. But it's not about me&snowy. And of course not about russian army.
Buddha Overdrive
This reply was last edited on 01-23-06 08:52:36 AM by Buddha.
mmac
INTL Premium Member
it's INTL, not the fucking UN - Amphy

3ms will rise again

Ballkicks: (+254 / -35)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 55 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-23-06 08:50:15 AM)

Buddha, are you trying to start a forum rebellion? Because that is a bannable offense.
This signature is only a temporary replacement for something that is actually funny.

nevermind, this is permanent
Buddha
Fags vs. Buddha
INTERNET MARTYR!

Reply 56 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-23-06 08:55:49 AM)

Quoted from mmac:
Buddha, are you trying to start a forum rebellion? Because that is a bannable offense.

I only want to have an answer on question, perfectly formulated by STFU:

Quoted from STFU:
whoever did it should just step up to the plate and at least offer a reason we can critique.

Is it in too hard?

EDIT: Errrr... And also I want Snowy back, that's for sure!
Buddha Overdrive
This reply was last edited on 01-23-06 09:03:31 AM by Buddha.
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Ballkicks: (+479 / -130)
Reply 57 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-23-06 08:58:23 AM)

Quote:
Yeah, I've heard that ignorance is bliss. Tho I would still sacrifice half of my life to know what the hell happened here.

hahahahahahahahahaha internet

Quote:
The way it's been done, it's a major fuck-up and it brings back memories of past random bans that, I think, everybody regretted.

Well, if there's going to be an inquest, we'd all do well to remember what happened to PR when he banned Nova for the first time.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 58 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-23-06 09:37:19 AM)

Oh, there are so many things in this thread...
Quote:
that doesn't mean she deserved to be ninja banned here. whoever did it should just step up to the plate and at least offer a reason we can critique.

I do agree that there should be a post put up by a member of the staff explaining the length o ban, reason, et cetera; however, they aren't required to do so (as far as I know).
Quote:
Tho

lol @ duck hunt
Quote:
I would still sacrifice half of my life to know what the hell happened here.

Oh, so you still want to save the other half for your suicide plot? Now you're thinking!
Marius Portius: You're exploding in a big exploding explosion of sex ad personality
Stormraider

im gay

Reply 59 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-23-06 09:46:51 AM)

Quote:
I would gladly accept my ban if snowy returns. Because I don't want this forum to become a swamp. And noone does, I guess.

You know, I think I'll suggest this in the Moderator Forum.
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Ballkicks: (+781 / -120)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 60 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-23-06 09:51:37 AM)

You guys are getting way too wrapped up in this incident. omg yah rite fag lol

It's not like it'll be the end of the world if she does or does not return.
http://forums.interestingnonetheless.net/display.php?tid=4368

Doesn't the manatee kind of look like a guest on the Ricki Lake show? "Uh, Ricki, I'm here because I'm endangered." Then one of those mean people in the audience would offer up the advice, "Yeah, I want to say something to the sea pig!" "That's sea cow." "Whatever. Sea pig, you gotta get yourself an education and a job!" "Uh, I live in the ocean." "It just so happens you live in the ocean 'cuz you ain't got no job!" "I don't know what you're -" "You gotta get in Weight Watchers, some kinda program!" "I have a layer of blubber to keep my body warm in the water..." "Whatever, talk to the hand." "I dont have a hand!"
Buddha
Fags vs. Buddha
INTERNET MARTYR!

Reply 61 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-23-06 09:58:17 AM)

Quoted from Skye:

Actually, it's the principal matter now. And, I believe, not only for me.
Buddha Overdrive
jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 62 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-23-06 10:57:38 AM)

Quoted from Buddha:
Quoted from Skye:

Five bucks says she asked to be banned, or tried to manipulate a storage glitch that can't be discussed on this forum. Or she just went after Vervet one too many times. If you really want to know that badly, ask her or Smokey on AIM.
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 63 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-23-06 11:11:12 AM)

I fought with her as much as anybody because, sometimes, she was a crazy bitch. big grin I'm sort of curious as to why she was permabanned too. And judging by the fact that she asked me why she was permabanned, I doubt she knows.

(Nobody gets banned in IRC except people like that Al` fucker, because it's a chatroom and in a chatroom atmosphere different etiquette applies.)
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
[22:10] <IF0> adam has a girlfriend?
[22:11] <kayte> yeah, he does now <---THIS PART IS NO LONGER TRUE.
[22:11] <Amphy> wow, that's impressive
[22:11] <kayte> what he doesn't have is his password to intl because he randomly changed it and locked himself out of his account >_<
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+923 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 64 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-23-06 02:27:33 PM)

Quote:

Many things won't cause the world to end but that doesn't mean they're alright.

I hate to be with Buddha on this.

Well, not exactly with him. Seriously man, stop talking as if you knew everything about INTL. "You still can be the next one banned for things that do not differ from your everyday forum behaviour. I don't want that to happen. Never". Pff, like if drahnier or anyone else hadn't seen enough of that already.
"Hwt, he on a tid e he inne bi, ne bi hrinen mid y storme s wintres; ac t bi an eagan bryhtm and t lste fc, ac he sona of wintre on one winter eft cyme hwt r foregange, oe hwt r fylige, we ne cunnen."
"Lo, he, in the time that he is inside, is not touched by the storm of the winter, but that is an eye's winking and the least time, but he straightway comes back from winter into winter, what thereto may precede or what to it may follow, we do not know."

This reply was last edited on 01-23-06 02:36:46 PM by Pertti Susilainen.
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 65 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-23-06 04:22:08 PM)

oh god if this turns into the next 600-page thread I'm going to kill myself

edit: Snowqueene was the unlikely throbbing pulse of this forum MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

And shit on IRC should not be bannable. That's bull.
This reply was last edited on 01-23-06 04:41:36 PM by Dante.
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Ballkicks: (+781 / -120)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 66 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-23-06 06:53:52 PM)

Quoted from Sukkit:
Quote:

Well, not exactly with him. Seriously man, stop talking as if you knew everything about INTL. "You still can be the next one banned for things that do not differ from your everyday forum behaviour. I don't want that to happen. Never". Pff, like if drahnier or anyone else hadn't seen enough of that already.

His complaint revolves less around finding out the reasons for her absence. To me, it sounds more like a "bring my friend back; you guys suck too" argument, and that's why I made that comment.
http://forums.interestingnonetheless.net/display.php?tid=4368

Doesn't the manatee kind of look like a guest on the Ricki Lake show? "Uh, Ricki, I'm here because I'm endangered." Then one of those mean people in the audience would offer up the advice, "Yeah, I want to say something to the sea pig!" "That's sea cow." "Whatever. Sea pig, you gotta get yourself an education and a job!" "Uh, I live in the ocean." "It just so happens you live in the ocean 'cuz you ain't got no job!" "I don't know what you're -" "You gotta get in Weight Watchers, some kinda program!" "I have a layer of blubber to keep my body warm in the water..." "Whatever, talk to the hand." "I dont have a hand!"
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 67 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-23-06 08:38:40 PM)

Quoted from awkward jimmy:
Quoted from Buddha:
Quoted from Skye:

Five bucks says she asked to be banned, or tried to manipulate a storage glitch that can't be discussed on this forum. Or she just went after Vervet one too many times. If you really want to know that badly, ask her or Smokey on AIM.

The only thing you can ask me is if permaban means anything and I'll tell you "HAHAHAHA RIGHT" and then block you.

I just found out about this.
DeathofSmokey: You can't know anything in your heart - that's not what it's for. Knowing in your heart = hoping you're not wrong. I know in my heart that Angelina Jolie will show up and give me a blowjob on the count of three. One, two...
jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 68 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-23-06 08:58:58 PM)

Smokey told me the real reason, but told me not to tell anyone.
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Ballkicks: (+527 / -190)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 69 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-23-06 11:42:21 PM)

I don't really know why I'm a twat. I didn't ban her.
U CANT TRICK THE TRICKSTER

Moderator of the Proud Inside Discussions Forum.
www.uselessstatic.com
Buddha
Fags vs. Buddha
INTERNET MARTYR!

Reply 70 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-24-06 12:04:06 AM)

Quoted from Skye:
Quoted from Sukkit:
Quote:

His complaint revolves less around finding out the reasons for her absence. To me, it sounds more like a "bring my friend back; you guys suck too" argument, and that's why I made that comment.

Word, Skye. Those are two of three goals of this thread: "reasons" and "wtf?". Thank you for translating my mind flow into understandable english.

Quoted from Sukkit:
Pff, like if drahnier or anyone else hadn't seen enough of that already.

Was it really enough? Then why such things don't stop to happen?

N.B.: directly to the person in charge and responsible: No Comments is the worst PR policy possible.

Quoted from Sukkit:
I love you too, dude.
Buddha Overdrive
This reply was last edited on 01-24-06 08:07:29 AM by Buddha.
Imperialist
League of Worthless Posters
[sarcasm]few words[/sarcasm]

Ballkicks: (+268 / -153)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 71 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-24-06 07:15:39 AM)

it was vervet
LOL IM SUCH A FAG!!
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 72 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-24-06 08:28:28 AM)

Quote:
N.B.: directly to the person in charge and responsible: No Comments is the worst PR policy possible.

Considering the fuss you're making over this, I think it's actually a pretty good policy.
Marius Portius: You're exploding in a big exploding explosion of sex and personality
Buddha
Fags vs. Buddha
INTERNET MARTYR!

Reply 73 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-24-06 08:30:04 AM)

Quoted from Imperialist:
it was vervet

So now we have to wait for Vervet to say something on this.

*Buddha has nothing on Verve, no special opinion, no special attention. All he knows is that she's pretty in her way, she is an admin and... well, that's not his business. No reprehensible thinking. So he asks for an answer in the most polite manner possible*

Vervet, any comments?

Quoted from Ampitheatre:
Quote:

Considering the fuss you're making over this, I think it's actually a pretty good policy.

Somebody has already made the fuss, overreacting and doing really really naughty thing. So I believe now its my turn to fuss about it. And I wouldn't, trust me, if there was no existing situation.

Snowy wasn't an angel, she wasn't a lamb. Nobody here is. Yet, she wasn't a beast to hunt down like this.
Buddha Overdrive
This reply was last edited on 01-24-06 08:42:32 AM by Buddha.
Stormraider

im gay

Reply 74 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-24-06 10:20:13 AM)

Oh, for God's sake, drop your fucking self-righteous crusade.

Leave the Snowy defense to someone who doesn't sound like a bombastic southern televangelist.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 15 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 43627 | Total Posts: 366 ]