Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > The Hall of Fame > Why are people so dumb? > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13 14 15 ] [ Thread Views: 43623 | Total Posts: 366 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 150 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-25-06 06:46:36 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Quoted from kayte:
Quoted from IF0:
FINE I like the cack. Despite being engaged to a girl, yes, I like the cack.

Woah, woah, woah. Back the thread up. What?

coal
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
[22:10] <IF0> adam has a girlfriend?
[22:11] <kayte> yeah, he does now <---THIS PART IS NO LONGER TRUE.
[22:11] <Amphy> wow, that's impressive
[22:11] <kayte> what he doesn't have is his password to intl because he randomly changed it and locked himself out of his account >_<
Stormraider
User is currently banned until further notice.

im gay

Reply 151 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-25-06 06:49:22 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Quote:
what i *didn't* see was your response to my refuting your stupid point

The government does not control the internet.

The government also has no juresdiction over how a man operates his internet forum.

The fact that you think you actually refuted anything pretty much eliminates any chance of there being hope for you. If you want to discuss bullshit pseudo-philosophy, go take Buddha to AIM. This is a fucking internet forum, and quasi-'deep' moral issues of benevolent rule really don't apply here.
Stormraider- 73.275% of your daily dose of Cynical Jackass!!
Fuck you, your dog, and manifest destiny!
STFU, biatch
not bobby

YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUCKING!

Ballkicks: (+460 / -108)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 152 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-25-06 07:13:51 PM)

Quoted from Stormraider:

The government does not control the internet.

The government also has no juresdiction over how a man operates his internet forum.

The fact that you think you actually refuted anything pretty much eliminates any chance of there being hope for you. If you want to discuss bullshit pseudo-philosophy, go take Buddha to AIM. This is a fucking internet forum, and quasi-'deep' moral issues of benevolent rule really don't apply here.

there are property rights that jeff has, and recourse to court action if someone hacks into his site and takes control of it. he pays for the service, he's entitled to its use. i never argued that the government has jurisdiction over how he runs it, in fact, i specifically said it doesn't. i only said it gives him property rights to it. the property rights of americans are defended by the american government, internet or no. i just demonstrated that there are other sorts of right than the one you acquire by paying for server space, and they shouldn't be automatically subjugated to that.

i hate how you say it's just an internet forum, and so moral issues magically don't apply. moral issues apply to moral people, on the net or off. the multi-paragraph explanation for the ban in HOR is evidence of at least the pretense of benevolent concern for the state of the forums. i want to argue against those presented points. what i don't want to argue is that somehow we shouldn't care about all these things because jeff owns intl. if an admin banned you for a reason you disagreed with, you wouldn't question his rights as owner of the forum (neither would i), but you might question his arguments that you're harmful to the forum and therefore don't deserve to post there.

zippo-chan is my new samurai graduate......if anyone objects, speak now and forever rest in peace
Sunhasrahla
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+756 / -127)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 153 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-25-06 07:46:35 PM)

Tyr,
Quote:
Also I like STFU, I know she is taking an unpopular stance in this whole fiasco, but for the relatively short time she's been posting she has been contributing to this forum.

This does not compute with this:
Quote:
As someone who's been on this board since its creation and with the same group of posters for at least five years now...

Quote:
i disagree completely with the democratic argument where quite a few people don't like this person, therefore they're obviously doing something bannable. or uh, unfavorable, whatever that means other than 'they don't like him/her.'

Unfavorable means something that is not approved, not pleasing, and is likely to be a disadvantage. Qualities which Snowy exhibits, and the rest of the populus at INTL consider.

Quote:
assuming they'll debate, i'm willing to go through reasonable argument; if not to persuade people whose emotions have already made up their minds, but to assure myself that there's not some point i'm missing. i think even the admins who supported this like to think of themselves or aspire to be reasonable people, and won't just claim power as power's own mandate.

I agree, but in this case that didn't happen. For whatever reason, it didn't, but the fact remains that it has. For how it happened, Vervet gave decent reasoning. Not to say that she was entirely right or wrong in how she did it, but that she was reasonable.

Quote:
FINE I like the cack. Despite being engaged to a girl, yes, I like the cack.

I noticed that, but I didn't want to mention it, thinking that - during my absence - it was an already known topic at INTL.

Quote:
i hate how you say it's just an internet forum, and so moral issues magically don't apply. moral issues apply to moral people, on the net or off. the multi-paragraph explanation for the ban in HOR is evidence of at least the pretense of benevolent concern for the state of the forums. i want to argue against those presented points. what i don't want to argue is that somehow we shouldn't care about all these things because jeff owns intl. if an admin banned you for a reason you disagreed with, you wouldn't question his rights as owner of the forum (neither would i), but you might question his arguments that you're harmful to the forum and therefore don't deserve to post there.

You're free to bring up points as to why - in this case - Snowy should remain in INTL. Outside of the technicalities, and the errors and decisions made in the moderating process, what is it about Snowy that makes you want to have her here? Stating that she is one of the better forumers provides little to us, when we see other forumers that we consider better and you consider worse.

If the administration is as benevolent as it is made to sound, they'd consider your arguments. Not that they'd have to make a decision on them, but they could read them - it's the first step in persuasion.
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 154 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-25-06 08:02:18 PM)

Snowy has issues and Vervet cancelled INTL's subscription.

dance dance revolution
D
Champagne Roomies

POUR MILK DOWN MY THROAT WHILE I LOB THIS GRENADE

Ballkicks: (+1935 / -91)
Reply 155 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-25-06 08:06:38 PM)

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/m/mary-j.-blige/90189.html
"They could have grown up to become Hitler....collectively." - Ztolk's creepy Flash man
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 156 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-25-06 08:06:43 PM)

god I feel so left out.
~British[/whisper] Agent
[whisper].___.
{O,o} O RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-
Links: Penny Arcade, YTMND, Something Awful.
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 157 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-25-06 08:07:39 PM)

Sorry guys I caused all this. I guess thats what I get for scolding Katye and Snowy.

pls don't hate me MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
www.thepartylive.com
Sunhasrahla
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+756 / -127)
Reply 158 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-25-06 08:08:49 PM)

Quoted from Dimi:
http://www.lyricsfreak.com/m/mary-j.-blige/90189.html

There's always HG?
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 159 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-25-06 08:10:42 PM)

Quoted from Mr Excitable:
Sorry guys I caused all this. I guess thats what I get for scolding Katye and Snowy.

Stop taking credit for what god did, hon.
Marius Portius: You're exploding in a big exploding explosion of sex and personality
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 160 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-25-06 08:12:48 PM)

Quoted from Ampitheatre:
Quoted from Mr Excitable:

Stop taking credit for what god did, hon.

All I really did was give a drunken clown a reason to throw a tantrum.
www.thepartylive.com
peach
I get enamoured

Just call me "Mom"

Ballkicks: (+735 / -175)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 161 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-25-06 08:16:49 PM)

That's like saying that you gave a hurricane a reason to kick up dust.
STFU, biatch
not bobby

Reply 162 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-25-06 08:19:13 PM)

Quoted from Sunny:

I agree, but in this case that didn't happen. For whatever reason, it didn't, but the fact remains that it has. For how it happened, Vervet gave decent reasoning. Not to say that she was entirely right or wrong in how she did it, but that she was reasonable.

presenting reasons is good and necessary, but i've raised some objections to her analysis that she should respond to. it was helpful that she told us why, but debate isn't just setting up two contrary opinions so they can stare at each other from across the aisle

Quoted from Sunny:

You're free to bring up points as to why - in this case - Snowy should remain in INTL. Outside of the technicalities, and the errors and decisions made in the moderating process, what is it about Snowy that makes you want to have her here? Stating that she is one of the better forumers provides little to us, when we see other forumers that we consider better and you consider worse.

If the administration is as benevolent as it is made to sound, they'd consider your arguments. Not that they'd have to make a decision on them, but they could read them - it's the first step in persuasion.

snowy had been making some decent posts in rs lately, and provides a contrary opinion to a lot of people on here, which is useful in presenting points we wouldn't normally consider. other than a tendency to return emotional assault with emotional assault (a fault, but a retaliatory one), she respects debate and the truth. she can get emotional, but that's not a dirty thing; many of our judgments and opinions come from an initial emotional reaction. overall, i saw a compromise looming between her own personality and the culture we cultivate here, one which was already in the process of happening. things like these tend to boil over and the back-and-forth gets tiring to the participants. this situation called for reconciliation, not bannings.

basically i liked reading her, and thought the out-of-place flames were just occasional things that seemed more epidemic to the people they were directed towards than they really were.

zippo-chan is my new samurai graduate......if anyone objects, speak now and forever rest in peace
D
Champagne Roomies

POUR MILK DOWN MY THROAT WHILE I LOB THIS GRENADE

Ballkicks: (+1935 / -91)
Reply 163 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-25-06 08:39:02 PM)

The entire forum should stop gathering in this thread and should come back to ID and post in my new thread.
"They could have grown up to become Hitler....collectively." - Ztolk's creepy Flash man
STFU, biatch
not bobby

Reply 164 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-25-06 09:43:21 PM)

Quoted from Dimi:
The entire forum should stop gathering in this thread and should come back to ID and post in my new thread.

excuse me, i'm working my way back to a positive postcount

Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+914 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 165 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-25-06 09:59:10 PM)

When Amelia originally came to me and told me that she was going to ban Snowqueene, I advised her against it, initially, because I warned her that it would result in her exposing our little secret that Snowy had known about since last April. For obvious reasons, Amelia and I wanted to keep our relationship private, because we felt it wasn't necessary to bring it to the fore. We shared the information with a few trusted sources and kept it at that. Oddly enough, jimmy was the only one that we knew of who we hadn't told, yet had figured it out through contextual clues in some of our dialogue. Again, I advised her at first not to ban Snowy to protect our secret; however, we had both had the desire to bring this knowledge to the forums and stop hiding it, so we both decided to go ahead and ban Snowy for the exact reasons Amelia has already outlined, yet with another ulterior motive of exposing our relationship without resorting to baseless attention whoring, by creating a thread or something equally as lame.

I only mention this, because I find it absolutely hilarious how Snowy was so predictable in this situation, yet is pretending to be the one who has the upper hand in the situation. As if the possibility of her doing this hadn't already been weighed and filed as acceptable collateral when we came to the decision to ban her in the first place. I think she honestly believes that she has the upperhand in this situation and that she played us, instead of the other way around.

Who is going to honestly believe that we would entrust such a sensitive secret in such an unstable person without fully realizing the potential outcome? I'm just amazed that she was able to go so long without telling the entire forum. It had to have been eating her alive the entire time. That, or she had to been saving it for a moment like this, where she could expose a deep, dark secret that, in all reality, isn't all that big of a secret, nor that devastating.

It's not like it's going to cause Amelia and I to break up. It's not like this is going to get her unbanned. It's not like this is going to win her any favor from those that didn't already have a pre-existing favor of her in the first place. This isn't going to change the fact that she's fucking psychotic. All this has done is concrete for everyone how vindictive and unstable she really is.

On another note, I'm dying to read the chatlog between Bon and Emp. Oh man.
IF0
Administrator

Reply 166 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-25-06 10:00:12 PM)

Quoted from Sunny:
I noticed that, but I didn't want to mention it, thinking that - during my absence - it was an already known topic at INTL.
It's a secret. Shh. Don't tell anybody.
[22:11] <kayte> what he doesn't have is his password to intl because he randomly changed it and locked himself out of his account >_<
izzy

used to be really horrible

Ballkicks: (+359 / -99)
Reply 167 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-25-06 10:33:16 PM)

DON'T YOU PEOPLE THINK A LITTLE BIT OF PSYCHO BITCH WOULD DO THIS FORUM SOME GOOD??????????
IF0
Administrator

Reply 168 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-25-06 10:42:20 PM)

Quoted from izzy:
DON'T YOU PEOPLE THINK A LITTLE BIT OF PSYCHO BITCH WOULD DO THIS FORUM SOME GOOD??????????

http://uploaded.interestingnonetheless.net/internalfear0/snowycrazy.txt
[22:11] <kayte> what he doesn't have is his password to intl because he randomly changed it and locked himself out of his account >_< <----APPARENTLY NOT TRUE NOW EITHER
peach
I get enamoured

Just call me "Mom"

Ballkicks: (+735 / -175)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 169 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-25-06 10:44:25 PM)

Honestly I think we have a number of psycho bitches that can get the job done cumulatively.
izzy

used to be really horrible

Ballkicks: (+359 / -99)
Reply 170 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-25-06 10:45:07 PM)

OH GOD SHES INSANE
STFU, biatch
not bobby

Reply 171 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-25-06 10:50:04 PM)

hmm, well i agree she wasn't right in telling the secret in vengeance--or at least, it didn't achieve any good. but i don't see how a tendency to take revenge ruins the forums to the point where you have to permaban them, if this was the point you were trying to prove. if you set up special situations for each of us, you'd probably find out most people are vengeful at some point. in fact, her relations with 'rivals' like kayte were pretty much characterized by reciprocal backbiting. instead of letting these people work out their issues like adults, vervet decided to babysit the forums and put snowy on indefinite time-out.

jeff, does amelia throw you out onto the street when you guys have an argument? or do you try to reconcile? i know which i would choose. and if you absolutely have to threaten a perm, threaten both the forummers with it if they don't stop the continuous 'forum-destroying' squabbles. they work it out, or they just ignore each other for the remainder of the threat. another word for 'threatening a ban' is a 'rule.' so it turns out rules can deal with the situation, without an ex-post facto permaban! hooray!

wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Ballkicks: (+527 / -190)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 172 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-25-06 10:53:35 PM)

I remember years back when Sandamnit told me he liked Vervet. I was like "that's cool, man. Maybe you should go for it." And he did. Sandamnit owes a lot of what he has in life to me. Such as Vervet and ID. And BB.
U CANT TRICK THE TRICKSTER

Moderator of the Proud Inside Discussions Forum.
www.uselessstatic.com
ice wolverine
Global Moderator

Gay Turtle and Ass

Ballkicks: (+1762 / -130)
Reply 173 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-25-06 10:54:48 PM)

Quote:
and if you absolutely have to threaten a perm, threaten both the forummers with it if they don't stop the continuous 'forum-destroying' squabbles.

The issue here is that it wasn't just Snowqueene vs. kayte, it was

snowqueene vs. mr. e
snowqueene vs. vervet
snowqueene vs. ice
snowqueene vs. ms. pt
snowqueene vs. chimp
snowqueene vs. wheezy

Are you really arguing that these fights were caused mutually between snowqueene and x? That each party is equally responsible for the disagreements?
STFU, biatch
not bobby

Reply 174 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-25-06 11:03:24 PM)

Quoted from ice:

The issue here is that it wasn't just Snowqueene vs. kayte, it was

snowqueene vs. mr. e
snowqueene vs. vervet
snowqueene vs. ice
snowqueene vs. ms. pt
snowqueene vs. chimp
snowqueene vs. wheezy

Are you really arguing that these fights were caused mutually between snowqueene and x? That each party is equally responsible for the disagreements?

well, i would certainly say there's something in each person that contributes to a mutual dislike--which is the situation in all of those. pretty much all of these arose from differences in opinion turning into the regular intl fare of bombastic rhetoric and insults. escalating rhetoric is the job of two people, so i'd say that there is enough responsibility on both sides.

Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13 14 15 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 43623 | Total Posts: 366 ]