Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Pretension Palace: i don't like that band because you've heard of them > Is anyone interested in doing another exciting round of "send other forummers mix cds"? > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: Amphytrite
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 ] [ Thread Views: 6836 | Total Posts: 91 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 75 of 91 (Originally posted on: 12-01-08 09:48:26 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I wish my friends/most people still thought that way. iPods have killed mixes as thoughtful gifts and it makes me very sad. I used to give them to people all the time. I long for the days of mixtape romanticism.
this is my music i hope you like it
this is music i listen to these are movies i like these are books i like
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 76 of 91 (Originally posted on: 12-01-08 10:22:56 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Quote:
I long for the days of mixtape romanticism.

I'm sorry em but
okay vissario

I still make my friends CDs sometimes, if they request it. My best friend and I have had a longstanding annual mix CD exchange. I don't know if iPods have totally killed mixes, at least not to me. I still listen to said mixes on my iPod.
Spiff: amphytrite, the anti-tart
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reply 77 of 91 (Originally posted on: 12-01-08 10:43:53 PM)

I was being intentionally goofy coal
this is my music i hope you like it
this is music i listen to these are movies i like these are books i like
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+923 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 78 of 91 (Originally posted on: 12-02-08 01:21:32 AM)

I still make CDs from time to time (the last one was a month ago), but mostly I just lend my mp3 CDs.

Since doing playlists and uploading them is so easy, maybe we could have a monthly or bi-monthly Upload Your Playlist thread?
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
D
Champagne Roomies

POUR MILK DOWN MY THROAT WHILE I LOB THIS GRENADE

Ballkicks: (+1935 / -91)
Reply 79 of 91 (Originally posted on: 12-02-08 01:33:26 AM)

Thats not a bad idea. Though I think bi-monthly is way too frequent. Maybe monthly, or every other month?
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 80 of 91 (Originally posted on: 12-02-08 01:39:12 AM)

Oh, I meant every other month. It didn't occur to me that bi-monthly could mean "twice a month", my bad.
đonne onwŠcne­ eft wineleas guma, gesih­ him biforan fealwe wegas, ba■ian brimfuglas, brŠdan fe■ra, hreosan hrim ond snaw hagle gemenged. Ůonne beo­ ■y hefigran heortan benne, sare Šfter swŠsne. Sorg bi­ geniwad ■onne maga gemynd mod geondhweorfe­, grete­ gliwstafum, georne geondsceawa­ secga geseldan; swimma­ oft on weg. Fleotendra fer­ no ■Šr fela bringe­ cu­ra cwidegiedda.
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
D
Champagne Roomies

Reply 81 of 91 (Originally posted on: 12-02-08 01:45:01 AM)

Wow, apparently it means both. Thats fucked up.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

Reply 82 of 91 (Originally posted on: 12-02-08 10:24:51 AM)

Quoted from emtilt:
I was being intentionally goofy coal

Hahahaha, I didn't know that happened! But it gave me an excuse to use that ridiculous thing. I support the upload your playlist idea.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 83 of 91 (Originally posted on: 12-02-08 01:31:25 PM)

My only concern is making sure it doesn't kill the "send mix cds" thing. You folks won't let that happen, right?
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

Reply 84 of 91 (Originally posted on: 12-02-08 02:03:59 PM)

Quoted from szaukjkjit:
You folks won't let that happen, right?

Oh, you're one of us now.
Wiki
INTL Premium Member
Bizzaro Vissario

dude, i dont normally shit all over people like this but you seem like a pretty terrible poster so let me just say that you are fat nerd with offensively bad facial hair and it looks like you have no friends since all of your pics are taken with a self-timer and consist of you standing in your mom's driveway

Ballkicks: (+36 / -9)
Reg. Date: Jul 2008
Reply 85 of 91 (Originally posted on: 12-02-08 02:14:05 PM)

Quoted from Dimi:

But if you do want a bunch of playlists, http://forums.interestingnonetheless.net/display.php?threadid=28697

Tells me forum doesn't exist. I might lack the privileges as of yet? Only 70 posts.

I don't remember the last time I really even used a CD. Don't have a portable media player either (everyone calling them simply "iPods" is a bad pet peeve of mine, get a A Cowon D2 or an Archos 5 and compare the quality to the Apple iPod).
D
Champagne Roomies

Reply 86 of 91 (Originally posted on: 12-02-08 02:26:57 PM)

Quoted from szaukjkjit:
My only concern is making sure it doesn't kill the "send mix cds" thing. You folks won't let that happen, right?

Why would you care?
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 87 of 91 (Originally posted on: 12-02-08 02:33:36 PM)

Because I think this is a good idea that brings the forum populace together and I wouldn't want to see it die, and that has nothing to do with my having too little time and energy to participate!
The Wanderer, l. 45-55a
D
Champagne Roomies

Reply 88 of 91 (Originally posted on: 12-02-08 04:21:05 PM)

Oh ok, I thought perhaps you too were being intentionally goofy coal
Dio

rebel rebel

Ballkicks: (+105 / -50)
Reg. Date: Aug 2006
Reply 89 of 91 (Originally posted on: 04-17-13 09:15:15 AM)

I'm real disappointed we never included what was in our CD mixes except for you Dimi. It also seemed like a pretty lackluster response afterwards about the CDs. Find your CDs members and give a review in retrospect if you're still alive.

I just messaged Emtilt about how awesome his was and wanted to find the track listing again. I lost most of my data about three years ago so the virtual copy is gone and I scoured through my parents cds when I was home to no avail. I, for the life of me, can not imagine where it could be. Man was it great though.

Looking at the CD covers of the two I sent Emtilt I think the music now would be largely the same if I were to make some one a mixtape. Variations here and there but nothing too extreme deviating from those artists. Part of the reason would be my music library is reconstructed from a friends and I never really expanded it to include anything except what I really like. As well as most my listening is done on my record players and I've been terrible about redeeming my free mp3 downloads off Amazon Cloud or that are found in the newer vinyl itself.
Run Silent Run Drapes
Administrator
Eiffle Towers: 6969

someone bitter is after my ass

Ballkicks: (+561 / -30)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 90 of 91 (Originally posted on: 12-27-13 09:53:51 PM)

Lets do thjis again, I promise I will participate this time.
D
Champagne Roomies

Reply 91 of 91 (Originally posted on: 12-27-13 10:32:52 PM)

i would
balls
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 6836 | Total Posts: 91 ]