Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Pretension Palace: i don't like that band because you've heard of them > Comcast On Demand > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: Amphytrite
Page: [ 1 ] [ Thread Views: 1287 | Total Posts: 12 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
D
Champagne Roomies

POUR MILK DOWN MY THROAT WHILE I LOB THIS GRENADE

Ballkicks: (+1935 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 12-06-08 01:44:02 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Since a lot of us seem to be taking advantage of On Demand (as made evident by the Hard Candy thread, where as soon as the movie became available, the thread exploded from the abyss), I thought we could share good movies that we've seen on it.

Recently I watched Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, and I thought it was really cool. When it came out I didn't care to see it at all, the flying people was of no interest to me. I actually didn't follow the story that closely, so I'm probably going to watch it again, but the visuals are really pleasing. The choreography is really fun to watch, even if you don't care for fight scenes. The fight scenes are a lot more artistic then your average fight scene, and they're pleasurable in the same way that watching dancing is pleasurable (which doesn't mean that the fights are dancey though). There were a few parts where I paid close attention and there was a cool/interesting/different love story which I thought was cool.
Also the old asiany atmosphere was fun to watch, for those who enjoy that sort of thing.

I also watched Angels in the Outfield, but I don't know that I need to explain it. It's a kid's baseball movie. If you're in the mood for that sort of thing, watch it.
D
Champagne Roomies

Reply 1 of 12 (Originally posted on: 12-06-08 03:15:10 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Just watched 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. It was pretty cool. I'd suggest it. It was a cool concept, though I didn't pay attention to a lot of the beginning so I missed some details.

I pay poor attention to On Demand movies for some reason.
greenidentity
Disco naps and liquorice Snaps.

It is time for some fine fine wine.....or box wine it's all good man

Ballkicks: (+603 / -81)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 2 of 12 (Originally posted on: 12-06-08 10:11:15 AM)

I've browsed through it, but haven't watched much from it yet. Seems as if most movies on there are pretty generic/subpar quality. But it has Exercise TV, and I plan to take full advantage of that during the winter months.

My boyfriend loves On Demand, he watched some Clint Eastwood flick the other night.
You make me sick
Because I adore you so.
D
Champagne Roomies

Reply 3 of 12 (Originally posted on: 12-06-08 03:37:13 PM)

Quote:
Seems as if most movies on there are pretty generic/subpar quality.

Yeah, I agree. The point of this thread was hopefully to point out the gems thats we've come across, or to warn people against the awful ones. That way when the rest of us sit down looking for a free movie it's not a total crapshoot.

Maybe it could even spark some new discussion threads if enough people watch the same movies.
D
Champagne Roomies

Reply 4 of 12 (Originally posted on: 12-06-08 11:41:10 PM)

I just watched About Schmidt. I really enjoyed it.

Word of warning, it's not a feel-good-movie. It's pretty sad through most of the movie, really.

The best way I could describe it, would be "quiet." The main character is a very quiet fellow, very soft-spoken, and very very believable. Through out the whole movie I was trying to figure out who he reminded me of. A few people came to mind, but I think overall it was just such a believable character that I just felt like I knew him.

That means the writing was good, but Jack Nicholson (who played the main character) pulled it off brilliantly.

So, i'd suggest it if you're in the mood for a quiet movie. It is a *little* quirky, but not in an overwhelming way like in some movies. Really not even close.
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 5 of 12 (Originally posted on: 12-07-08 02:10:55 PM)

I've got COD too. Been watching alot of Dexter on Showtime and True Blood on HBO, both are pretty kickass.

I'm not a big fan of the movie selection as I usually  mininova  most of the movies I watch nowadays.
~British Agent
.___.
{O,o} O RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-
"So it goes." - KV
Dio

rebel rebel

Ballkicks: (+105 / -50)
Reg. Date: Aug 2006
Reply 6 of 12 (Originally posted on: 12-07-08 07:12:07 PM)

True Blood is shit, imho. But I typically watch Entourage On Demand which is one of my favorite shows.

Lately, it appears that On Demand hasn't really had any good movies on it that I haven't already viewed. This could just be because I frequently watch movies on it.
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 7 of 12 (Originally posted on: 12-07-08 07:30:35 PM)

Oh yeah, Entourage rocks too. I've only really watched this season and the latter part of last season. I love how this season ended.

I can't really defend my liking of True Blood, its sort of a love/hate relationship I have with the plot. Some episodes are awesome, and some make me seriously wonder why I'm watching this show.
~British Agent
.___.
{O,o} O RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-
"So it goes." - KV
D
Champagne Roomies

Reply 8 of 12 (Originally posted on: 12-08-08 08:32:01 AM)

I can't watch entourage on demand cause they want you to have the HBO package..

I got the first episode of True Blood for free when I bought a Curb Your Enthusiasm DVD a while back. It was okay. Cool basic concept, but it was kinda stupid.
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 9 of 12 (Originally posted on: 12-09-08 01:27:07 PM)

I can't watch entourage becauase its a remarkably fucking stupid show that has been scientifically proven by christian fundamentalists and progressives everywhere to slowly retard one's cognitive thinking abilities to believe in God or the capacity of man to move forward.
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire

User was banned for this post.
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Ballkicks: (+527 / -190)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 10 of 12 (Originally posted on: 12-09-08 06:22:20 PM)

Sixteen Candles was there a couple weeks ago and I thought that was pretty funny.

Anyone see Last of the Mohicans?
U CANT TRICK THE TRICKSTER

Moderator of the Proud Inside Discussions Forum.
www.uselessstatic.com
greenidentity
Disco naps and liquorice Snaps.

It is time for some fine fine wine.....or box wine it's all good man

Ballkicks: (+603 / -81)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 11 of 12 (Originally posted on: 12-21-08 08:27:04 PM)

They have a bunch of good stuff on there right now. The Rules of Attraction, Leaving Las Vegas! Last night we watched Wicked Little Things (some very dumb horror flick) and The Exorcism of Emily Rose, which is one of my favorite "scary" movies.

I want to watch Havoc..anyone seen it?
You make me sick
Because I adore you so.
D
Champagne Roomies

Reply 12 of 12 (Originally posted on: 12-22-08 09:51:12 PM)

7 Years in Tibet is on right now, and its amazing. Highly suggested.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 1287 | Total Posts: 12 ]